chapter ii

listen to void by the neighborhood

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧* .・゜゜・ ・゜゜・.

two months later

"Mademoiselle, breakfast is ready! The other house elves will be here in just a moment to get you prepared for your first day,"

Her first day at Hogwarts.

Vivienne offered the house-elf a gentle smile, though a hint of resentment simmered within at the fact that she couldn't sleep for longer. Truthfully, she hadn't slept well at all the night before, anticipating the day to come. She was unbelievably anxious and was harboring all sorts of scary thoughts.

What house will I get sorted into?

What if I have no friends?

What if I see Sirius?

Sirius was now a taboo topic in the de la Roche household, and in every pureblood household for that matter. Since his act of treason against his family, he had been under the disdain* of every family of prestige. As she went to the bathroom to freshen up, she scowled at the thought of him. She shook her thoughts from her head immediately, not wishing to waste her time mulling over negative thoughts.

Once refreshed, her house elves entered her chambers to attend to her. They dressed her in a tight fitting ivory sweater, paired with a black pleated skirt, and accentuated her silhouette with sheer stockings. Her hair was elegantly gathered at the nape and clipped with a pearl hair pin, strands in the front falling and framing her face. She matched the hairpin to her teardrop earrings and necklace, both of which were adorned with iridescent pearls. A spritz of her cherry and vanilla scented perfume completed the ensemble before she went downstairs to eat breakfast with her family.

"Bonjour maman et papa," Vivienne greeted, kissing both her parents who were already seated at the table.

"Bonjour, ma belle," her father said warmly. "Did you sleep well?"

"Somewhat,"

"It's natural to be nervous, my dear," her mother reassured. "You'll make plenty of friends. Have you been in touch with the Rosier or Mulciber boys?"

"I wrote them once to ask them for advice on choosing my school subjects, but not since,"

"And Regulus?"

"We've exchanged letters as well, though it's a little different since we're in different years,"

"Good girl," her mother smiled before she hesitated. "You haven't...been talking to the... other Black boy, have you?"

"No, Maman,"

"Good. I know you and him spent some time together earlier this summer, but what he did to his family is unforgivable and we cannot have anyone from our family fraternizing with blood traitors,"

"Yes, Maman,"

"I know that we cannot watch over you at Hogwarts, but I trust that you will heed our words and steer clear from that boy. He is no good and will only ruin the bright and beautiful girl that you are,"

"Of course, Maman, I understand,"

Gisѐle clucked disapprovingly to herself as she took a sip of her tea. "Pauvre Walburga, what distress she must be under. I can't imagine how difficult it is to deal with a child gone rogue like that. He had so much potential,"

"It's the fault of their own parenting, Gisѐle. If Orion and Walburga had raised their son to be obedient, he would not have brought upon such shame on their family," Charles chimed in, his voice tinged with disdain as he placed a loving hand on top of his wife's.