Prologue

Rimuru POV:

Slowly but surely, My eyes begin to open. However, nothing was in my sight. Not a single thing, just the complete absence of all light and from what I could see, not even a single object.

As I tried to sit up, I realized I wasn't even laying down nor sitting. More like floating. So I then shifted my body. It was an odd feeling. No matter where I looked everywhere was the same. Up, Down, Left, Right, Horizontal, Diagonal... it was all the same. Not even sure if directions exist at the moment.

{Your Finally Awake Master!}

Suddenly, a voice called out to me. It was my trusty partner Ciel. However, she seemed oddly different. The way her voice sounded now, she seemed far more human like than previously. Did myself or she undergo an evolution of some sort?

"Ciel? Your voice and the way you speak... did it change again?" I asked her curiously.

{Hm, whatever makes you say that master?}

It definitely did, the way she spoke just now only proved my thoughts. She held more... emotion, feeling and emphasis in the way she spoke now.

"Well, never mind that for now. What happened?"

As I asked that, she had suddenly went quiet. It was eerily quiet. Did I ask something I wasn't supposed to?

{Does master recall the prior events?} Ciel had asked me. She spoke with a more soft and quiet tone. But lets disregard that for a split second. She had asked if I remember prior events. Lets see...

I remember, Velzard had frozen the area where Milims battle took place, resulting in what seemed to be everyone who was present deaths. Then, Milim went berserk and Feldway managed to take control of her. Utilizing her to destroy the Sacred Tree which would only put the world into more disarray and disaster which would eventually result in its end.

I fought Milim to prevent its destruction, however... Feldway appeared and used Chrono-Saltation on me.

My eyes suddenly widened at the realization. So this must be...

"The End of Time & Space." I muttered softly.

{Correct.} Ciel only confirmed my words, her voice this time sounded disappointed and a bit sad. Had I not noticed her sounding different now, Its obvious now.

She had probably felt guilty about this outcome, I remember she tried to warn me, but it was a bit late. Leading to the situation we are in now.

{Due to this happening, I was only able to witness every event that took place after your banishment.} She spoke, her tone still soft.

"What happened after?" I asked, curious to know if my friends even ended up winning in the end.

After I inquired as to what took place after my disappearance, I could hear Ciel sighing after. Not annoyed by my question, but rather... it seemed like she would rather not tell me about what happened next.

Damn.

Was the string of events really that screwed that even Ciel wished to refrain from telling me.

Suddenly, the memory of Shion's death and The Soul Corridor between Veldora and I being severed flooded back into the forefront of my mind. My reaction after those events would be warrant enough for why she didn't wish to tell me.