Onew - Music School AU

You didn't know why, but you always felt weird around Lee Jinki.

He would sit at the back of the class, generally keeping to himself, but every time you'd look back, feeling his gaze on you, he'd be staring at you with an unreadable expression on his face, and it gave you the shivers.

Did he hate you? You'd never done anything to hurt him. In fact, you'd barely ever spoken to him, except for that one time when he'd tripped and managed to drop everything he was holding and you'd helped him pick everything up.

The class went on and you tried to focus on what the teacher was saying and make notes, but you could still feel his gaze on you, making you lose composure. What was he playing at?

When class was almost finished, you felt something hit you in the back of the head and instinctively turned around, but this time Jinki wasn't looking at you. In fact, he was nowhere to be seen.

Odd, you thought to yourself as you picked up the piece of paper you'd been hit with. It was a hastily handwritten note saying 'meet me outside by the gardens.'

Meet me outside? Was it Jinki who was inviting you? And should you even go? For all you knew, he wanted to murder you or something. But then again, you could maybe find out why he kept staring at you.

Shaking your head, you decided to go as soon as class finished, slinging your bag over your shoulder. You made your way to the school gardens, where you could already see Jinki waiting for you, shuffling from foot to foot.

"You asked to meet me?" you started as soon as you were within earshot.

"Oh, yes."

He looked at you, seeming... nervous?

"Well, what do you have to say?"

He looked down, playing with his hands.

"I was just wondering... well... Oh I can't do this."

You were so confused that you crossed your arms. "Do what? What can't you tell me? And why are you always staring at me in every class, do you hate me or something?"

His eyes widened in surprise. "I don't hate you!"

"Then what?"

"I- I like you," he mumbled, the tips of his ears turning pink.

Suddenly, everything made sense. He wasn't staring at you in an angry way, it was longing. You felt yourself blush a little.

"Oh." You shuffled too. "I didn't know."

"I didn't know how to tell you. I know I come off weird, but it's just because I find it hard to speak to people."

You realised then that what you'd taken for possible hostility was just awkwardness. He was just shy, and you felt bad for thinking that of him.

"I'm sorry I misjudged you. I thought you wanted to murder me or something."

"Murder?" He raised an eyebrow and laughed, and it was like his whole face transformed. Had he always had such a sunshine smile?

"Yeah. I'm a bit dramatic sometimes." You laughed with him.

"So... Can I- Would you like to go on a date with me?"

He looked so nervous yet so hopeful that it was cute. You'd never stopped to think of it before, but he was definitely handsome, and you wanted to see more of that sunshine smile.

"Sure, I'd love to." You smiled.

"Great." He smiled back, and he was so radiant that you knew you'd made the right decision. Walking up to him, you stood on your tiptoes amd gave him a kiss on the cheek, enjoying the way he instantly went as red a tomato.

"I look forward to it."

You took his hand in yours, and he gave you a shy smile as you both walked away together, starting to get to know each other.