Key - Harassment

Trigger warning - sexual harassment

It was a starry night and Key was on his way home when it occurred to him that he should pass by his friend's house for his jacket. He'd lent it to her when they'd gone out last week and it seemed she'd forgotten all about giving it back.

Entering her building, he rang her doorbell and waited. The light under her door told him she was in, but it took several rings for him to finally hear her approach the door.

"Yes?"

Her voice sounded different as she opened the door just a crack.

"Hey, it's me." Key smiled. "I'm here for my coat."

"Oh yeah. Let me get it for you."

She left to go get it and Key gently pushed the door open, following her in. He watched as she searched around for it, getting the feeling that something wasn't quite right.

"Here you go," she said eventually, thrusting it into his hands, avoiding eye contact.

"Is everything okay?"

"Yeah." She walked to the door and went to usher him out, but he didn't move.

"Look at me," he said, gently turning her head to him. Her eyes were puffy like she'd been crying; in fact, she looked a right state. Key was alarmed.

"Hey, what's wrong?"

She turned her head away from him. "Nothing. Just go please."

Key turned to her, jacket forgotten. "Clearly something's up."

She sniffed and wiped a tear which escaped, eventually giving up as they cascaded down her cheeks. Without a word Key embraced her, holding her in his arms as she cried. He had no idea what was happening, but he couldn't leave without helping her first.

Directing her to the sofa, he sat there with her and cradled her to his chest as she cried. He waited for her tears to dry, for her to feel able to talk to him.

"Do you need a tissue?" he said softly, and she nodded. He got up to find one and waited for her to clean herself up.

"Do you want to talk about it? You don't have to if you don't want to."

She sniffed again and sighed, avoiding his gaze. It seemed as though she was weighing up her options.

"Something happened at work," she said eventually. Key nodded, prompting her to continue.

"When I finished, my boss called me into his office for a chat. We started talking, but soon he... He sat next to me and started..." She drew in a shaky breath. "He started touching my leg. I asked him to stop and then he basically said that he wanted to sleep with me."

Her voice went wobbly. "I said no and then he started insulting me, trying to touch me, telling me that this is all I'm good for and how dare I deny him. I ran away, I had to."

She'd started crying again, but by now Key was burning with anger. How dare her boss do something like that to her?

"He deserves jail for that," he declared through gritted teeth, taking her into his arms again. "Are you okay?"

"I don't know," she admitted. Key held her tighter.

"I should end him for even thinking of touching you." His voice rose in anger and she quickly put a hand on his chest.

"No, don't." She sniffed. "I don't want you to get in trouble."

Key sighed, letting it go for now. "Can I do anything for you?"