Chapter 11

My dearest love,
I hope this doesn't seem strange, but during the nights where I've found it hard to fall asleep, I recall hearing you mutter to yourself, something about hoping I'd still love you even if you couldn't be everything I hoped you'd be. I don't know exactly what you meant, and you don't have to talk about it if you don't want to, I just want you to know that I will love you no matter what. I'll always love you, my dear. Nothing in the world could ever change that. Also, you're already everything I hope you'd be. I don't want you to be anyone other than yourself, your true self. I love you for exactly who you are. There isn't a single thing I'd change. I don't expect you to be someone you're not, I don't expect you to twist yourself into knots trying to be what others might expect. Who cares what anyone else thinks? I want you to feel safe, wanted, and loved. I hope I'm succeeding at that, I hope I'm able to make you feel that way. You are safe with me, I'll always do my best to provide you comfort, and defend you whenever you need defending. I'm here for you, and I always will be. You are wanted and loved too. There's no one else in this world that I want, no one else that I could even consider loving. You're all I want, my love. You're my one and only. Nothing will ever change that. You don't have to worry about something causing my love to fade, for my love for you is unconditional. I love you, Nellie. I love you for you, and I always will.
Forever yours,
Sweeney Todd