Part 4.

Two days later, Wangji gain his consciousness, Xichen was there at that time, seeing Wangji opened his eyes Xichen felt the emotion that he cannot describe. After his mother's death Wangji is his only family in blood, but knowing Wangji's condition is really heartbreaking for him.

Xichen grabbed Wangji's shoulder to help him sitting down, but Wangji flinched and hide himself with the blanket, Xichen broke at that movement again seeing his brother the 2nd most powerful cultivator of gusu in this situation.

'Wangji, it's me... I'm Xichen, your brother, you're safe now Wangji, see no one can harm you now, I am here' Xichen told his brother to comfort him, but he's there to protect him, he promised himself he will not let anyone harm Wangji again, not in this life.

Wangji looked at his brother realising it's Xichen he broke down in tears, Xichen don't know how many times his heart will suffer seeing Wangji's condition he feels helpless again.

'Don't cry Wangji, I'm here', Xichen said and sit besides Wangji in bed, and pat his head carefully, not touching any bandaged part of his body.

They both sit there in long silence, Wangji keeps crying and Xichen let him cry, letting all the pain of his heart out, but maybe even Xichen knows that this pain will never diminish for his brother.

Wangji's whining turned quite, he looked at his brother, 'Gege, why do you save me, you should have let me die, it will save clans reputation.'

Xichen looked at Wangji in shock, his eyes filled with tears, finally dripping out from his eyes, he started sobbing, breaking down to the point he don't wanna feel this feeling, it's the same feeling when he lost his mother, he knows he lost his brother too today.

'Gege, why are you crying?' Wangji asked innocently.

'Promise me you won't say this again, promise me you will not try to do anything, please Wangji don't ever talk about leaving me, this clan is not above you, you're the one I need the most, please Wangji, please, I love you.'

'Brother... I'm dirty...'

Xichen trying to control his emotions, his heart breaks in millon pieces, 'Don't ever say that Wangji, you're the most precious to me, I know it's hard on you Wangji, but you're not dirty, you're the purest Wangji, you're the most innocent, and you're the most precious present for me, which mother gives me, don't talk like that again please Wangji, please... I won't be able to live without you. You're my only family...'