Chapter 1

Rodys POV:

I wake up in my bed feeling exhausted, probably because I didn't sleep last night. I was too busy thinking about mannon. Why wasn't she answering my calls? Did I do something wrong? It doesn't matter right now. I should get ready for work.

I get out of bed feeling a bit tired while I walk past all the stuff on the floor. I should really clean my apartment. As I walk towards my bathroom, my back suddenly starts to hurt.

"Why is nothing going well today.." I mumble quietly to myself before entering my bathroom and getting ready

.

.

.

As soon as I finish getting ready, I head towards my door and downstairs, I go outside, grabbing my bike as I practically drag myself on it. I really don't want to go to work. After a while of riding my bike, i finally get to the bistro, walking in as Vincent comes into my eye view.

"You're late." He says in his usual sharp tone, making me flinch a bit."Ah.. right, sorry, I may have overslept.. just a bit, though!" I really don't know if I overslept just a bit of couldn't bother to check the time. Vince stays quiet for a moment with that same piercing glare. Geez, does he never smile? I think to myself for a moment before I hear him start to speak.

"I'm letting you off this once. Let it happen again, and I'll fire you." He says, glaring once again."You got it! I won't be late again!" That's a lie. I will most likely be late again, but Vince won't actually fire me right..? A few minutes later, some people started to come in the bistro, I waited them to their tables, and took their order everything was the same nothing different as usual.

.

.

.

After work, I was about to leave, but then Vince had called me into the kitchen. Everyone else had gone home, so it was just us two. I usher into the kitchen, trying to see what he wanted so I could go home. I was so tired as I entered the kitchen. I saw Vincent holding a plate it had food on it. "Take this with you. There was extra food."

He said in his usual depressing tone, "Really? For me? Thanks, Vince! Why are you giving it to me, though you could've given it to anyone." I say a bit confused "because no one else wanted it, and I knew you wouldn't say no." He said, crossing his arms.

"Oh well.. thanks again. See you tomorrow, Vince!" I say waving bye as I go outside to my bike. Well, today was exhausting, and I can't wait to go home.

To be continued.

Word count: 460