two.

➰

"THAT'S IT?" Tauryn shockingly asked as she watched her sister maneuver around the bathroom, trying to find her lip pencil. Alexis was filling her sisters in on what happened between her and Skilla last night. Jordan had run her mouth to Tauryn and made it seem like Alexis had a middle school crush on Skilla, which wasn't the case.

Jordan smacked her lips as she held Isaiah in her arms, lightly patting his back. "Ta, you should've seen how she came out of that room all smiling and shit."

"I ain't seen you smile like that in so long."

"FOUND IT!" Alexis cheered as she finally found the mysteriously stashed pencil in her toiletry bag. Skilla had contacted Alexis earlier that day asking if she was free later that night so they could link up again. Hesitant at first, Alexis gave in. She didn't care for relationships but she needed male attention and she felt like she could get that from him. Plus, it's just a date, right?

"Lex," Tauryn side-eyed her. "Can you at least say what you thought about him?"

Lexie looked at her sister through the bathroom mirror before outlining her lips with the makeup tool. "He was cool."

"COOL?" Jordan said as she popped her neck. "Mints are cool. That man is fine and he seems like such a sweetheart, I think he'd be perfect for you Lexie."

Alexis mentally rolled her eyes as she listened to her sister brag on Skilla. Jordan didn't know anything about this man and neither did Alexis. Alexis meant what she said by calling him cool cause that was simply what he was. Once again, she wasn't looking for a relationship.

Tauryn looked at her sister as she noticed her nonchalant demeanor. She knew that her sister was still grieving her ex-boyfriend, Dawan, and wished Jordan would just back off. Ta wanted her sister to get out there and date again but she knew how much she loved Dawan and how hard it might be for her to start over.

Dawan was Alexis' first and last boyfriend, she loved him with everything in her even though he lived a life she didn't agree with. Watching him get killed in front of her was not a part of the plan. She hadn't dated or even communicated with someone since and that was almost three years ago.

Alexis wanted to date but she didn't feel like anybody could make her feel like Dawan did nor did she give anyone the chance.

"Just let it go Jordan," Tauryn spoke up as Jordan just rolled her eyes.

"I know you still not hurt about the same nigga that had a baby on you."

"He died and his baby was born two weeks later is that not enough closure for you?" Alexis' attention flew right to Jordan as she listened to the hurtful words leave her sister's mouth, she was shocked she said that.

Tauryn's mouth had completely dropped as she was lost for words. She knew that Dawan was a touchy subject for Alexis and she didn't know why Jordan picked at it so much.