Chapter 27

"You look happy," Julia remarked, her eyes sparkling with curiosity as she observed her sister's expression.

Jen couldn't help but smile, a soft blush coloring her cheeks. "It's just such a beautiful day today," she replied, her voice tinged with excitement. "And of course, I'm thrilled to see my lovely sister again after so long."

Julia smirked knowingly, leaning against one of the kitchen counters in the blonde's trailer. "When do you wrap up filming tonight?"

"I think around 9 pm," she answered, checking her schedule on her phone. "Is that too late for you for dinner?"

"No, that works perfectly. I flew all the way here to spend time with you, and I knew you'd be busy with your shoot."

"Awesome," Jen beamed, genuinely happy to have her sister around. Her heart felt light, and there was a warm glow of anticipation for their time together. And of course, her good mood had nothing to do with Lana having told her that she had planned a day trip for them on their day off at the end of the week.

"Alright, lay it on the table, sis. What's with that grin? Are you secretly in love?" Julia teased, her eyes twinkling mischievously.

The blonde's smile faltered slightly, caught off guard by her sister's directness. "What? No, of course not," she stammered, trying to downplay her emotions.

Julia raised an eyebrow, not buying it. "Oh, come on. I know that look. There's someone special, isn't there?"

"It's nothing like that," Jen insisted.

Her sister chuckled. "Sure, sure. So, spill it. Who's the lucky guy? Colin? Josh? Or maybe a mystery man?"

"Oh my god, it's definitely not Colin or Josh," Jen interjected quickly, feeling the need to change the subject. "Do you want a cup of coffee?"

Julia grinned, sensing her sister's evasion. "Jennifer Marie Morrison," she teased, using her full name. "You can't avoid this conversation forever."

Before Jen could respond, there was a soft knock on the door, interrupting their banter. "Yes?" She called out.

The door opened, revealing Lana with a warm smile directed at her and Jen's face immediately softened at the sight of her.

"Hey," Lana smiled, her eyes shifting from her co-star to her sister and back to Jen. "Is this a bad time?"

"No, of course not," the blonde replied, gesturing for the brunette to come in.

"Hi," Lana immediately greeted Julia. "Nice to see you again."

Julia returned the smile the brunette had given her. "Likewise, Lana. How are you?"

"Good. Really good. I was just coming here because I left my shirt. Well, Regina's shirt, and I need it."

"Oh," came from Jen, her cheeks blushing. She was well aware of how that could come off to her sister. Clearing her throat, she looked around her trailer before pointing to the couch. "Over there."

"Thank god," the brunette chuckled before walking over to the furniture piece to collect her shirt. "Hey, can you get me a cup of coffee?" She asked, her gaze lingering on her co-star while walking towards her.

"Take mine," Jen smiled, offering her cup to the woman standing in front of her.

Their fingers brushed, and Lana used her free hand to brush back a blonde strand of hair from her co-star's face. "Thanks," she smiled, her voice soft and affectionate. "Andrew wants to change the script for the next few scenes. Not much, but he changed a few lines."