Chapter 1:Memories

~Sometime in July 2015~

Lauren's POV
I was packing my stuff when I came across an old photo of me, Dani and my family. My mom, my dad, my brothers... Me and Dani... And the traitor-sisters. The memories came and flooded my mind.....

-Flashback-
"Lauren... Lauren! Wake up!" I heard Dani whisper-yell. "What?" I whispered annoyed. "Lisa's gone" Dani told me. "What? Let's find her" I jumped out of bed quietly. "Let's go" I said. We tip-toed across the hallway until we heard footsteps coming from Christina's, Katherine's and Amy's room. We tip-toed to the door and started eavesdropping. "So we have 13 family members... And there are only 11 people that can be saved in a maximum..." Lisa's voice said. "Says who?" Katherine asked. "The military" Lisa replied. "So who's it gonna be?" Amy asked. "What are they talking about?" I mouthed to Dani. She looked at me and shrugged. "Well definitely not mom and dad, they've given us so much." Amy said. "And the boys as well, they still have so much to live for" Katherine said. "Well we need Mike if mom and dad aren't around. I mean, I can't control everything" Christina told them. "Definitely not us... what about... Lauren... and Dani?" Lisa asked. Dani and my eyes were now wide open.

"Ummm... I'm not sure..." Christina said. "I mean Lauren is my only sister who was born on my birthday."

"I say... yes... I don't want it but... what choice do we have?" Katherine agreed. That was shocking.

"I don't want to kill them but... if it's the only choice... Yes" Amy also agreed. Say what? Kill us? Is this about the war that's coming up next month?

I looked at Dani, she was on the verge of tears. I hugged her and we quickly snuck back into our room.

"Let's go" Dani said.

"Go?" I was confused.

"Escape" Dani said.

"But what ab-"

"They want to kill us... I'm not going to be okay with that. Now either you're coming with me or you stay and get killed" She cut me off.

"You're right. Let's start packing" I agreed and started packing my whole closet. Then we snuck downstairs without the bags and grabbed most things from the kitchen. Some toilet paper, our chargers, phones, money that we've been saving. Me and Dani were later going to the bank to get most of the money from our accounts.
We grabbed our toothpaste, toothbrushes, hairbrushes and combs, hair bands, and a photo of our family. We packed it all into the seven bags.

I'm surprised nobody heard us. We snuck back into our room and discussed where we should escape.

"Out the window?" I suggested.

"I've never done that before." Dani admitted.

"What? But I thought that-" I was cut off by footsteps coming to our room.

"Quick go into bed." I whispered very quietly. Dani jumped in her bed softly and I did the best 'sleeping' pose I could. Lisa walked in and eyed us.

"I swear I heard talking... Huh? What are these bags doing here?" Lisa asked herself. She walked to them until I 'accidentally' rolled out of bed and onto the cold floor. I pretended I was just waking up and didn't notice I was on the floor.

"Oh my gosh, Lauren are you okay?" She asked.

"Hmm? Y-yeah I'm fine" I answered 'tiredly'. I went back to bed. Me and Dani waited until Lisa was in her deep sleep.

"I think the coast is clear" Dani said. I nodded and got out of bed, while Dani tried to make no noise while climbing down from her bed.

"So are you ready?" I asked. She nodded.

"Oh wait, what about batteries? " I asked. Dani pulled out 4 boxes of batteries, ten in each. I sighed of relief and we climbed out the window.

"Now don't worry Dani. Just follow my steps" I told her.

"Okay" She said.

"Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. What time is it?" I asked.

"10pm" She answered.

"Hurry up Dani we only have 15 more minutes" I rushed her since the bank closes at 10:15pm. She climbed down the roof pretty good. We quickly grabbed our bags and rushed to the bank.

"Time?" I asked.

"10:10pm" She said.

"Good" I said. We arrived at the bank and entered it.

"Hello Mr. Thornwall. We would like to take half our money from our accounts." Dani said.

"Okay... What are you girls doing here so late?" He asked."Um... tomorrow our aunt has her 40th birthday and we have to buy some flour to make the cake, but we don't have the money." I quickly said. He seemed to believe it.

"Passwords?" He asked. Me and Dani told him our passwords. He gave us each 5000$.

"Thanks. Goodbye" We thanked him.

"Goodbye" Mr. Thornwall said.

"Okay let's go" Dani said.

"Where to?'' I asked.

"Uh... the airport" She answered.

"But none of us know how to drive yet" I reminded her. "Let's walk... I mean not like war is gonna be tomorrow Dani said. I nodded and we walked to the airport.

~At the airport~

It was now about 2am or something.

"Where are we going to?'' Dani asked.

"Africa?'' I suggested.

"Nah, too hot" Dani reasoned.

"Europe!" We both said at the same time.

"Yes let's go!" I yelled. We ran to that thing that shows when they start boarding and where the flight is headed to.

"Switzerland, Denmark, Spain, Italy, Germany, Greece, Sweden, France, Portugal or Ireland" I told her all the countries we could go to.

"Where's the UK?'' Dani asked.

"They're boarding right now so yeah" I informed her.

"Then... why not go back to Germany?'' Dani suggested.

"Yeah. Let's go to Germany" I smiled at my younger sister.

"The cities are: Frankfurt, Hessen, Köln?" Dani was confused.

I walked to her and said, "That's Cologne in German"

"Okay, Frankfurt, Hessen, Cologne or... München?" She was confused again.

"Let me read it Dani. Frankfurt, Hessen, Cologne... um... oh yes or Munich. Where to?" I read out loud and asked Dani.

"Cologne. We haven't been there for so long" She replied.

"Okay....then let's get going." I said. We quickly ran to the thing where you can buy tickets to wherever you want to go.

"Um can we please have 2 tickets for Cologne?" Dani kindly asked the woman.

"Ages?" The woman asked.

"I am 19 years old. My sister here is 17 years old." Dani lied. But she did look like 19 years old.

"Oh okay. I thought you 2 were under 18 years of age, my apologies" The woman apologised.

"It's okay." I said.

"Here are your tickets. Have a nice flight" The woman said. We waved goodbye and walked off.

"Woah, that was close" Dani sighed, but smiled soon after that.

"When do we have to be at the plane?" She asked.

"Um... 4am. So like... 2 hours of sleep, or less. Plus we're still gonna sleep on the plane" I answered.

"I'm gonna put my alarm on for 3:30am. Let's find a place to sleep" Then we ran off to put our luggage in the plane already.

(A/N: Please don't advertise)