•not so chill•

The town of Mystic Falls was known for their extravagant balls showcasing how rich the towns people were

The town of Mystic Falls was known for their extravagant balls showcasing how rich the towns people were. Each one seemed to get even more over the top, weather that be because of the council trying to shield the public from all the supernatural drama, or because the town seems to get richer each time a founding family member returns.

What ever the case may be Jackson Gilbert wanted no part in any of it. He was tired of trying to fight through all the drama circling around them -mainly Elena- and he hated being in a crowded room filled with people who he could potentially burn with one touch.

So when time came to execute their plan to kill his sisters doppelgänger Katherine who had been tormenting them since the stupid Salvatore brothers came to town, he appointed himself as Elena's watch dog making sure she didn't leave the house no matter what.

They had been watching Buffy the Vampire slayer all night finding it amusing how unrealistic it is whilst Jackson obsessed over Spike eventually getting Elena to contribute even though she's always been an Angel girl.

"He's just like the perfect guy," Jackson said sighing at the screen.

Elena looked at him with a dumbfounded expression, "he's a murderer, Jax."

Now it was Jackson's turn to give her a look, his look clearly stated 'you really want to go there' making Elena shrug her shoulders.

"Dude, you literally dated a guy whose nickname was 'The Ripper' and last time I checked that's not a good thing," Jackson stated making Elena roll her eyes.

"He's changed."

"Oh ok," he sarcastically nodded his head. "So what's your excuse for Demon?"

Elena looked at her brother with furrowed eyebrows not understanding his question, "what about Damon?"

"Oh please Elena," he scoffed. "You know he's head over heels for you and you're starting to fall too, I'm not stupid."

Elena still held an incredulous look, sure she was starting to fall for the bad boy Salvatore, but she also couldn't understand how her brother could be so naive.

Damon of course has been striving to protect her along with Stefan, but he always goes above and beyond when it comes to Jax, he would definitely choose him over anyone in this town, but Jax just can't seem to see it.

"Oh Jax," she stated shaking her head in fake sympathy. "You my twin are so naive."

Now it was Jax's turn to look confused, how was he the naive one when he's right. They will end up together, and he will be tormented for the rest of his life by his brother in-law who annoys the shit out of him.

Before this conversation could continue Jackson's phone rang on the coffee table, the screen lit up with Damon's name making him quickly grab it whilst excusing himself.