Chapter 19 (Jealousy)

Y/n and Jungkook went to his studio and  Jungkook locked the door.

As they wandered among the paintings, Jungkook's hand found hers, his touch sending a jolt of electricity through her veins. "There's something I want to talk to you about," he said, his voice soft but earnest.

Y/n's heart skipped a beat, her mind racing with possibilities.

"I know you've noticed how Min-Seo acts around me," Jungkook began, his gaze steady as he met Y/n's eyes.

"I want you to know that she's just a friend, nothing more."

Y/n's brow furrowed in confusion.

"I never doubted your loyalty, Jungkook. But why bring it up now?"

Jungkook sighed, running a hand through his hair.

"I've noticed how uncomfortable she makes you, and I don't want you to worry. Min-Seo is a good person, but she's not always the best company. I just want you to know that you don't have to pretend to like her for my sake."

Y/n felt a surge of gratitude towards Jungkook, touched by his concern for her well-being. She squeezed his hand gently, a smile playing at the corners of her lips.

"Thank you, Jungkook. Your words mean more to me than you know."

As Y/n and Jungkook shared a tender moment in his studio, Min-Seo seethed with jealousy in the confines of the guest bedroom. Tears welled in her eyes, her heart heavy with longing and resentment.

How could Jungkook choose Y/n over her, his childhood friend and confidante? She had been there for him through thick and thin, supporting him in ways that Y/n never could. And yet, he seemed blind to her feelings, oblivious to the love that burned fiercely in her heart.

With a frustrated sigh, Min-Seo buried her face in her hands, her mind consumed by thoughts of what could have been. She imagined herself in Y/n's place, by Jungkook's side as his loving partner, sharing in his joys and triumphs. But the reality was far crueler, as she remained trapped in the role of the loyal friend, forever yearning for a love that would never be hers.

In the evening

The tension hung thick in the air as Y/n, Jungkook, and Min-Seo sat down to dinner in the elegant dining room of Jungkook's spacious mansion. Despite their best efforts to maintain a facade of civility, the undercurrent of unease was palpable, each one acutely aware of the simmering emotions that threatened to boil over.

As they ate, conversation flowed awkwardly between them, punctuated by forced laughter and strained smiles. Y/n couldn't shake the feeling of Min-Seo's eyes boring into her, the weight of her gaze heavy with unspoken resentment.

After dinner, as Y/n and Min-Seo took a stroll through the moonlit gardens, the tension finally reached its breaking point. Min-Seo's facade of civility crumbled, her voice laced with bitterness as she confronted Y/n.

"I know what you're doing," she spat, her words sharp as daggers.

"You think you can waltz in here and steal Jungkook away from me, but you're wrong. He's mine, do you hear me? Mine!"

Y/n recoiled at Min-Seo's outburst, her heart pounding in her chest. She had sensed the other woman's animosity towards her, but she hadn't expected it to erupt with such ferocity.

"I have no intention of stealing Jungkook from anyone," Y/n replied, her voice steady despite the fear that gnawed at her.

"He chose me, Min-Seo, just as he chose you as his friend. I won't apologize for that."

Min-Seo's eyes blazed with fury, her fists clenched at her sides.

"You may have won this round, Y/n, but mark my words: I won't rest until Jungkook is mine. And you would do well to stay out of my way."

With those ominous words, Min-Seo turned on her heel and stalked off into the darkness, leaving Y/n alone with her thoughts. As she gazed up at the stars twinkling overhead, she couldn't help but wonder what the future held for her and Jungkook, and whether their love would be strong enough to withstand the trials that lay ahead.