˗ˏˋ꒰ 🦢꒱ prologue

Being in hell wasn't (y/n)'s favorite thing in the world, but somehow she ended up there after a freak accident at the circus they performed at

It caught on fire and (y/n) helped everyone get out before it was too late. Doing so, she inhaled too much smoke in your lungs and she unfortunately didn't make it on the way to the hospital. The girl was pronounced dead before she arrived there.

All she remembers in the ambulance was her boyfriend crying over her lifeless body, hoping and praying she'd make it, but that never happened.

The next thing she knew, she woke up in hell and that was it. There was no going back, but she always wondered who started the fire.. not like she's gonna find out now.

"(Y/n!) give this to the man over there!" Her coworker gave her a plate that had breakfast on it. Yes, the demon was working at a local diner. She couldn't land any other job so she chose this local diner to try and make ends meet. It's not a lot of money, but it's enough for (y/n) to afford her small apartment and other essentials. She wanted more though.

(Y/n) brought the plate to the customer and placed it gently in front of him. "Sorry for the wait sir, I hope you enjoy."

"That's not a problem. I know this diner can get pretty busy in the mornings." The man replied with a chuckle. "Tell me about it, my back be hurting."

The man laughed at her remark and looked at the female demon. "You're funny." (Y/n) got a full look of the man. The outfit he's wearing resembled one of her coworkers when she was alive.. he must be a performer. Nervous, she decided to ask him a question. "Are you.. a performer?"

The man shifted his gaze towards her again, having looked away to take a bite of the delicious food. "Why yes I am. I work at the circus located within Lulu World. You ever heard of it? The amusement park is pretty well known."

The girl pondered in thought for a moment. She did hear about the amusement park, but never been. She didn't want to associate herself with her past but, there are moments she misses doing something she loved.

"Yes, I have heard of it.. I just never been." The man frowns a bit and straightens his posture. "Why not?"

(y/n) didn't want to tell him the real reason, so she came up with a quick lie. "Because I don't have time. I have to work countless hours and that leaves me no room to socialize."

She was worried he wouldn't buy it, but he did. "Mm I see. Well, the circus is holding auditions for a new member to join our team. If you're interested," he got up and placed a nice tip on the table, "come to the audition. It's in five days." He gave (y/n) a piece of paper that had his number on it. "This is my number. You really look like fresh talent and that's what we need, think about it okay? Bye."

The man walked away and (y/n) stared at the piece of paper. She realized she didn't catch his name. "Wait!— what's your name?" She asked. The man looked back at her with a small smile. "Call me Charles."

(y/n) smiled as he walked out the diner. While she was too into her thoughts, her boss had walked over to her, visibility upset with her.

"So you can get numbers from customers but you can't serve other customers their orders?" This made the girl snap out her thoughts and realize what was happening. A man of a tall stature was slightly cowering over her. "I'm so sorry! We had just started talking and—"

"I don't give a shit (y/n!) you have a job to do. Now go get the other orders!" (Y/n) looked down and let out a deep sigh, "okay. Im sorry." He grunts in approval and walked away to Satan knows where.

(y/n) hated him with a burning passion. The only reason he initially hired her because of her pretty face and figure, but once she showed him her hard work ethic, he started to respect her, or so she thought. She didn't want this job to be the only purpose she had.. she craved for more. Not wanting to get scolded again, she went back to work, avoiding her thoughts for the time being.

Once the demon girl got home after working yet another overtime shift, she plopped onto her small bed and kicked off her heels. She was exhausted and wanted to just rot away in bed for a few days. The countless overtime she does is outrageous, but she has to look out for herself and make sure her bills are paid. No one else is gonna magically do it for her.

The aching pain in all body parts were getting to her, and she didn't want to move, but she did have something in mind— calling Charles from earlier.

Managing to pull out the piece of paper from her pocket, she dialed his number and waited for him to answer, to which her excitement, he did. "Who's this?"

"It's (y/n! From the diner this morning. Sorry I'm calling so late.. had to work overtime." He chucked, "No worries, what happened?"

"I thought about what you said.. I'll definitely be at that audition. I rather do something I'm use to then work countless hours for a boss that could care less about me."

(Y/n) couldn't tell, but this made Charles smile big. He was hoping you'd say yes to the idea. "Really? That's awesome. I'll see you there. Oh, and by the way, the owner of the park, Lucifer, will be at the audition. He oversees our circus as well. Goodnight!"

Before she could answer, he had already hung up. The King of Hell was going to be there? She couldn't believe it. This made her a little nervous as to not wanting to mess up in his presence but, she was too tired to properly think. She closed her eyes and instantly fell into a nice deep sleep.

Little does she know of all the kinds of things that will happen to her working there.

Hello lovely readers! This will be strictly Lucifer x reader  and I hope you all enjoy it uwu

Hello lovely readers! This will be strictly Lucifer x reader and I hope you all enjoy it uwu. I want to highlight a few things.

╰┈➤ the readers gender in this book is female

╰┈➤ reader is a sinner demon

╰┈➤ I don't own any of the characters that will be shown in this book except for my original characters. All the characters that aren't mine belong to Vivziepop

Bye now :)