04

Crystal waited for Terrell to get inside from the movies. It was almost 10 o'clock, way past his curfew. Considering the time Devale said he left, she was really curious to know what movie lasted for more than two hours.

Devale and crush were able to feed the little ones, give them baths, and put them to sleep. Still, no Terrell. After a while, Devale decided to start some paperwork he needed to return to work. Meanwhile, Crystal was downstairs in front of the door waiting for Terrell to walk in.

"Alright, I'll see you tomorrow!" Terrell called out to one of his friends as he opened the front door.

He walked in and turned his head. When he saw Crystal glaring at him he almost jumped out his skin.

"M-mom, hi?" He said scratching his head.

"Have you lost your damn mind? Do you know what time it is?" Crystal asked as Terrell stared at her with fear in his eyes.

He'd never seen her so upset. She wasn't even saying much, but her calmness was enough to make him feel nervous.

"My phone died." He said quietly.

"Why didn't you call us from your friends phone? Where did you go besides the movies cause don't no movie last that long." Crystal said.

Terrell gulped. "We went skating too." He said.

"Did you asking me or your father if you could go skating?"

"No."

"Then why the hell were you someplace else?"

Terrell shrugged his shoulders. He didn't have an answer for thah question. He was too scared to answer.

"Answer me!" Crystal yelled making Terrell jump.

"I just wanted to hang out with my friends." Terrell finally responded.

"Do you know how worried you had us? Kids are getting snatched up everyday and you wanna go rip and run behind your friends." Crystal chastised him.

Terrell could tell by the tone of crystals voice that she was just getting started. So he kicked his slides off and started to lean against the wall. A rookie mistake.

"Stand up when I'm talking to you!" Crystal demanded harshly.

Terrell groaned and stood up. "I'm sorry mom. I'm tired." He said.

"You wouldn't be tired if your ass wasn't in the streets all hours of the night."

"It's only 9:30." Terrell mumbled.

"Oh and then where are you gonna go that you think you're gonna see them tomorrow?" Crystal asking confusing the teenager.

"Huh?"

"You said you're gonna see them tomorrow where are you going? Cause it's not school." Crystal said. "It's not school because you're expelled from school. You can't go back. Do you know why?"

"No." Terrell answered shaking his head.

"So you didn't have an eventful day early this week? Behind the bleachers maybe. Where's there are cameras?"

Terrell and Crystal stared at each other for a really time. Finally he left out a long sigh and fell against the wall. He couldn't even think of a lie.

"I got head." Terrell said looking away from Crystal.

He felt weird telling his mom that, biological or not. He would've felt way more comfortable telling Devale.

"Terrell, you're thirteen." Crystal said. "Calm down. Sex is not going anywhere. You'll have all the time in the world when you're older to do those things." She said calmly.