10

"You know what Devale just get the fuck out my face and go to work." Crystal said as she separated the family's large pile of laundry.

"What's the problem?" Devale asked completely annoyed.

"Nothing. I'm so tired of repeating myself. Just nothing." Crystal said dismissing him.

The Ellis household was peaceful at some point. Until last night, when Devale broke the news to his family that he had made the decision to go back into work full time. It was new to his parents and his in laws, to the kids, and to Crystal. Especially, since they never talked about it. Crystal got so mad she didn't even finish dinner with her family. Instead she went upstairs and journaled almost until the sun came up.

"You mad at me cause I wanna go to work and provide for my family like a real man should?"

"It's not about that Devale. It's not about you wanting to go to work." Crystal replied.

"Then what is it?" Devale asked confused.

"It's about you constantly ignoring my place as your wife." Crystal said walking up to him. "You keep making decisions without me and not telling me about the shit you decide to do." Crystal said to him.

"Look, I'm sorry." Devale apologized.

For some reason that was the last straw on the camels back.

"Devale save those bullshit ass sorries for when you wanna put some fucking action behind those words. You apologize to me for something every week, how about you just stop doing shit? Act like a fucking man, like you got some fucking common sense!" Crystal said mushing him in the face.

Devale snapped, "You want me to be a man then let me go to fucking work! I'm going to work cause that's what I wanna do! You think I don't know you're my wife? Do what the fuck a wife does shut the fuck up and stop questioning me all the damn time, I don't wanna hear that shit." He said just as angel was waking up from her nap.

Before Crystal could respond Devale was out the room slamming the door behind him. When he got downstairs, he saw his parents and his laws in the kitchen conversing amongst each other.

"Have a good day at work baby." His mom said standing up to kiss his cheek. "What's wrong with you?" She asked.

"Nothing man, nothing." He said shaking his head. "See yall later." He said before leaving the house.

Meanwhile, Crystal was upstairs still sorting through laundry while Angel sat up and quietly looked around. Here phone started ringing and she looked at it before answering.

"What does she want?" She mumbled seeing Brooke's name.

She answered it with an attitude.

"Hey," Crystal answered.

"Hey I was just calling to ask you what you're doing today?" Brooke said.

"Probably just cleaning, Devale just left so I'm here with the kids and my parents-"

No no no, tell the grandparents you need the day off because you have plans." Brooke said.

Crystal rolled her eyes. "Yeah right. What are we doing?"

"Don't worry just dress cute but comfortable. You'll be out all day. Maybe bring an extra bag of clothes." Brooke said.