Srings and Bride

In a realm where verdant Kanchanjangha hills met azure skies, where lush forests whispered ancient secrets, there lay the fabled kingdom of Malyr. Once a beacon of independence, it had emerged from obscurity to become a haven of prosperity and power.

     You may not find the name of Malyr in the modern history of India. This small yet prosperous kingdom was independent for a little while but again merged in the Ahom Kingdom due to lack of strong kings. But in those short periods, the kingdom was very powerful, rich and prosperous, under the Sonowal Dynasty. Today you will find the name Malyr associated with a small city in the Ahom Kingdom. And if you ask the people of that region they will still identify themselves as Malyri, not Ahoms.

      But they are essentially Ahoms non the less. Because the Sonowals were Ahoms. They were the officials in Ahom Dynasty. Later given this region as an independent state. The kings of Sonowal Dynasty were warriors and learned men. The most notable among them will be King Kalden Mahim Sonowal.

     He was one of the last kings of the Dynasty before it gets merged into Ahom Dynasty. He was a good warrior. A phenomenal poet. And a strong ruler. His period considered as the golden period of Malyr's history. Where, King Kalden's public life was like a steady flowing river of the plane land, his personal life was however a dangerous high current river of the mountains, filled with obstacles.

    And it all started the time when he was crowned as Yuvraj of Malyr. Among all the sons of the old king, he was choosen to get the throne. It wasn't without a string attached. That day when he was having lunch with his father and the Royal mother.

"Kalden, what do you think of appointing your official wife. You have good women in your Inner palace. Choose one who is suitable to rule along side yourself." The old king said. The prince excited a little to talk to his father about the woman he already choose.

"Eije, I already know about his choice. After so many warnings seems like his heart can't let go of the Saikia woman." The royal mother who was old king's second wife said.

"Saikia woman? But their clan isn't in the state they were decades ago. No no. She can't do. That whole clan is almost eradicated in last war. Who are left in that girl's family. Widows and kids? Will they support you while you take the throne?" The old king asked dismissingly.

"The woman of Saikia are intelligent and learned. They are steady thinkers. Like the first Royal mother. Your first wife." The young prince protested. His mind went to the beautiful girl running towards him in the courtyard of the palace. He would fight for Usri.

"Kalden! Your first Royal mother's position was different than Usri. Her father was the chief of our forces. She had a strong clan to depend upon. Usri do not have this luxury. If she marries you. She will depend upon you. Your own strength will cut in half instead of doubling after marriage." The old king said.