Noble lady and Palace maid

Rehon went outside to wait for her

Rehon went outside to wait for her. Yankayi came not so long after. And was immediately asked to go in. She walked into the king's sitting room where he was writing something. She bows down.

"Kayi! Get up fast." The king said.

"The second day of the spring festival is the day of silk. We got some beautiful silk delivered and royal mother instructed to make dresses for the whole royal family using this. If you approve I am here to take measurements and have some colour samples here to show you." Kayi said politely. Kalden walked to stand in front of her. Yankayi cleared her throat a little before starting her work.

"You never take measurements yourself.. did you want to see me?" He asked, tilting his head a little, to look at her face. She looked up it's true that she always avoids direct contact with the king.

"Usri jiji didn't utter a single word about what consort Tamarai said. I was with her from the time she came back from meeting her till late in the evening. While I was returning, I heard the rumour." She said while taking measurements of his chest.

"If you heard it on your way back that means before Usri can talk to anyone except you the rumour was already out. There is no way it was from anyone of shadow mannor." The king said.

"Shadow mannor falls in the way of workers coming in and out of the palace grounds. Some servant quarters are Also around that. Even if the maids and guards heard this around Shadow mannor it may be possible it's from someone who isn't an employee of Usri jiji." She was having trouble reaching his neck so he bent down a little. "Straighten up." She immediately said.

"You are bossy sometimes." He chuckled.

"My apologies. But don't bend down it will mess up the measurements." She said standing tip toe. He laughed a little before holding her stable. She took a step back. "I got it."

"Thank you for the information Kayi. It will help."

"Taking my leave." She said bowing down. He nodded. The moment she came out Rehon asked.

"What happened?"

"Thank you Advisor Rehon. He understood. I think Jiji won't be punished now."

"Aish...! Good. I was so anxious." He said walking her out of the mannor.

"Before I forget. Here." She took out a silk handkerchief.

"It's for me?" He asked delighted.

"The queen wants no silk to be given to staff to limit expense for the spring festival. So naturally as a junior advisor you won't get any. I wanted you to have some new silk for the second day of the festival. I cannot afford a turban or a dress. But we sewing girls make handkerchiefs and coin pouches from leftover silk." She explained.

"Thank you so much for thinking about me miss Yankayi." He said looking at the rich fabric of the handkerchief. Then noticed a pattern on it. "Is this floss flower?"