Mannor and Favour

It was the new era for Zeyo Phukan

It was the new era for Zeyo Phukan. Finally she was the mistress of the inner palace. The way his maiden clan looked down on her for not being the favourite of the king was history now. Even his father would bow down infront of her. She was not the first choice. She knew that. However she didn't expect the king to disrespect her like that. How dare he conduct another marriage ceremony just a month after her's. She hadn't even taken charge of the inner palace yet. And he got two more wives who may not be the official wives but they were no concubines. She seethed in anger while those two greeted her in bridal attire. That Saikia woman, she knew people loved that one but even her bridal dress was well made than the queen herself. Wasn't glaring, yet she could see the subtle niddle work that was more delicate and skilled than her own. Another was minister's daughter. She was this spoilt princess. Easily manipulated.

        She wasn't expected this. But now that controls the inner palace she was determined to make it a place for her liking. A place designed to make her sucessful. And that starts today. It's time for giving the women their own mannor. Her hand maiden sulina came to infrom that they all waiting for her in the courtyard. She walked out and sat on the seat. They were all kneeling down in respect. She looked at all of them. Her eyes stopped at Viha Sangtam. Daughter of prime minister. Powerful family. This one needed to be kept closer.

"As we are parting ways today, I wish you all the best. Remember all the teachings that you have learned and be the best mistress of your manors. The central manor will always be open for all of you." She wished them all.

"The queen is gracious." They all said.

"To, Noble consort Viha, the garden palace." Sulina read from the list. Viha bowed down.

"Rise, noble consort." Zeyo said. She stood up and beamed with happiness.

"Thank you higness. You know me well. I have a lot of birds that need housing too." Viha said smiling broadly.

"Ofcourse. I'm the mistress of the inner palace. I have to know these." Zeyo said looking at Usri at the end of the line.

"To consort Tamarai, the felicitous palace."

"Thank you for your grace, highness" Tamarai said bowing. The queen motioned for her to rise. She looked at Usri. Tamarai knew the felicitous palace was always Usri's favourite because it was always hosted women from her clan.

"The felicitous palace is near the imperial garden. Royal mother can visit her grandchildren easily if you live there."

        The queen said looking at Tamarai's gaze. Who gave a small smile of appreciation. One by one everyone were granted manors at the end it was Usri's turn. Technically she was supposed to be called in second but the queen wanted her to kneel before her for as long as possible.

"Noble consort Usri, the shadow palace."

"Shadow palace.. but that's old."
"Is it still standing?" Murmure among people present around was heard.