Cincuenta y dos

Ponyboy Curtis

Holy hell, I can't believe I'm leaving Tulsa, before Soda before Darry, before anyone really. I'm gonna miss Johnny. We had a nice little reunion planned in a year or two once we get settled and have more money. I wanna show the boys the rest of California.

-

"Dude what am I gonna do without you?"

I glanced over at Johnny, "you'll be okay, I mean think about it, you got Soda, and Dal, and the rest of the gang."

He looked glum but I know deep down inside he was excited to see me go off.

"I know but Pone, I'll miss you. Thank you for being my friend."

"Well come on now don't get too sappy with me I'll still be your best friend." I slapped him on the back and clunked my beer with him.

We had a little going away party before Em and I left. It really only consisted of the whole gang and no one else. We tried to keep it lowkey and not have the socs become a problem again.

Johnny and I were sitting on the outside steps while everyone else was inside.

"What do you think you are gonna do till California?" Johnny looked at me.

I knew Em and I wanted to stop in each state just to visit some little local shops and have a nice place to eat at, but we really had no clue what we would do in each state. There's nothing to look up besides the public library and it honestly smells in there.

"Honestly Johnny, we have no clue, we kinda winging it." I said with a smile.

A second before Johnny could get a word in, Emme blasted through the front door with Soda and came tripping over the steps.

I looked over and immediately tried to catch her but she ended up landing on Soda.

They were both giggling a lot. I wasn't that drunk but I was trying to catch up.

"Oh god Soda you are seriously a big me-us"

"I'm a big uh what?!"

"Hehe a big uh mess"

They were both drunk messes just hiccuping.

I turn behind me and I saw Darry looking over them. He glanced at me and just shrugged his shoulders. I'm glad she's having fun. This was our family, this was now her family and I knew she would miss them.

Don't get me wrong, I'll miss Soda and Darry, but I grew up with them, I'm ready to leave now with the love of my life.

Dallas sooner or later came tripping in between us, arms thrown over our shoulders.

"Ya know Pone, I'm gonna miss you, and I'm gonna miss Em, and I'm sure as hell gonna miss that piece of as-" 

I couldn't let Dal finish that sentence and turned around and pushed him off.

"Cool it Pone, I'm just messing." He chuckled and lean backed.

-

I looked over to my right and Emme was sound asleep. We've been driving for a little bit but it hasn't been for long, I just know she's been staying up lately to pack for everything. I really appreciate her, she's quite literally my everything and I've never felt so lucky to have her.