Chapter 34

Book #1 - this book - will be available on Wattpad, but the rest of the series will only be available on Ream and Amazon Kindle.

This book ends on a cliffhanger that leads to part 2 of this book, titled Beta Enzo.

————————————————————————

ROMELLO ||

My body props itself against the wall near the kitchen as I watch my parents try and teach Titus' pup, Sebastian how to navigate the area.

My eyes narrow when Sebastian whispers a small 'thank you' and my parents practically light up.

I don't know if they assumed because Titus was my mate and that this was his son, that in some weird way they now had a grandson, but something wasn't sitting right with me about all of it.

I know Titus told me a little bit before he'd left to whatever hearing he had yesterday but I wanted to know more. I needed to know more about this pup.

"Where's Titus?" I find myself asking because he said he would be back by now.

Dad looks at me with a small frown as he answers. "He linked the entire pack about an hour ago and said he would be late. Do you still have him blocked?"

I avert my gaze and lock onto the fridge instead. I hate to admit it, but yeah, I did have Titus blocked ever since Sienna and Bryce had shown me how to do that.

"Come on, baby," I hear Mom try but I don't look at her either. "You have to forgive him at some point. I know you're angry but I'm sure whatever Titus has done has been out of nothing but love."

I scoff at that. It's been quite the opposite actually.

"You know you shouldn't block your mate, much less your Alpha. It's disrespectful." Dad warns but I don't pay that any attention.

Instead I change the subject. "Sebastian, do you have a second? I wanted to ask you some questions."

Sebastian looks at me or I'm assuming he was. The oddity of his eyes catch me off guard for a moment.

"He's blind, son." Dad tells me when he catches me staring for too long.

I nod silently, putting two and two together. Now it made more sense.

"Do you need any help?" I find myself asking the pup but he shakes his head as he grabs his plate and heads for the dining room table. "You get around pretty well."

He smiles a little at that. "Thanks. It's kind of something I've had to learn if I want to be independent, ya know."

That I did. "How did you loose your sight if you don't mind me asking?"

"Romello Hall." Dad growls. That makes me flinch a little but then Sebastian is waving him off politely.

"No, it's ok, Mr. Hall, it's a normal question." Sebastian says before looking back to where I was. "It was taken from me when I was twelve."

"How old are you now?"

"14." He answers and I mentally face palm, having already known that. Enzo filled me in with that piece of information.

Growing more interested, I push off the wall that I rooted myself to and pull out a chair at the table to sit across from Sebastian.

My parents inch closer to us as if I was going to attack a teenaged pup. It's silly really, but I don't respond to it. I just let them have their worry and look at the pup who eventually I would call my own.

"You said your sight was taken from you?" I ask and he nods. "By who and why?"

Sebastian sighs, setting his fork back down and biting his bottom lip. "We call them the Alpha and the Boss."