𝟒. 𝐃𝐢𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐠𝐢𝐟𝐭?

(⚠️ Mentions of Rape and abuse ahead. Those who are uncomfortable, kindly skip the portion regarding potential rape attempt.)

I woke up to the faint smell of leather and cologne

I woke up to the faint smell of leather and cologne. I sat straight and smoothed a hand over my alredy rumpled hair.
God what did even happen. Slowly my haze cleared and everything came back into my memories.

The files, the elevator, Nick's embrace.

Shit! What have I done. Along with regret past memories also flooded my mind. I don't lose myself usually but a certain memory could break all my defences.

'''I happily got into the lift. I was coming back from my friend's birthday party. And for the first time in my life, I entered an elevator alone. Hell yay! I am big girl now. My parents never allowed me to enter an elevator by myself. 14 years is big for a girl I guess.
The elevator stopped and a man, probably in his thirties entered. He didn't even look at me but he's my first companion in an elevator in which I entered alone.
Suddenly the elevator shooked and it halted. Lights flickered on and off.
"It's probably an electricity malfunction." He said and I nodded.

The next moment he was seemingly close to me. And he touched me. Even though I was a kid, I could differenciate good and bad touches.
"Wh..what are you doing?" I asked.
"Nothing. Just getting to know you."
He said. I was practically shivering but I mustered as much courage as I could and said, "Get away" But there was not much I could do. He was so strong compared to me. He hovered over me and tried to get my dress off.
Tears flowed without any block.
"Please..pl.. please don't do th..this to me." I begged but he didn't even budge.
I couldn't let this happen. I don't want to be a rape victim.

I protested against his touch and it soon turned into some sort of physical fight. At last I took all my power and pushed him away. I didn't knew about adrenaline those days but that adrenaline surge gave me the power to push him away.
But. But the next second he was on the floor. It's like his head hit the elevator walls with force and it looks like he's dead.

I killed someone. I killed someone.
Nononononono

I started shivering and sank into the floor. I crawled to the corner of the elevator and hid my face behind my knees and started crying.
I was trapped in an elevator with a dead body of a person killed by me.
By the time the elevator opened, people were there and they called the cops and I was sitting in a psychiatrists office as I didn't even utter a word to the police.

Finally I stumbled. I told everything to her and cried my eyes out in her embrace. She then assured me that she won't tell anyone about this and will help me through it. It was from her I realised that he was in a coma.
Later I found out that, she told the cops that due to the intensity if the shaking he hit his head and that caused him the coma.'''