Eight; Rack Off

The weekend had arrived at last, and Alydia couldn't have been happier as it meant one thing: Mardi Gras.

The water was just the right temperature as she stepped into her shower, basking in the heat.

Stepping out, she felt like a new person; fully shaved and clean as a whistle, with her hair smelling incredibly addictive. Her body carried a strong aroma of her favourite perfume—not that she could smell it anymore (she was, regrettably, nose blind to the scent.)

Alydia drove to Darren's many hours earlier to the event, her outfit and makeup sitting alongside a wide variety of drinks and mixers.

Freddie Mercury's voice blended with her own as she sang loudly, feeling as though nothing could ruin her day.

***

An hour—or two—later, Alydia's body lay, sprawled out on Darren's floor, with an empty champagne glass beside her.

Darren sipped their drink, reading out a new message from Ca$h. "'It's heaps eetsway. I'll let you know, bruh.' I swear to God, I need subtitles for him sometimes."

"Have you tried using urban dictionary?" Alydia questioned from her spot on the floor.

Darren hummed, pointing at her. "Good idea."

Amerie sighed, still angry with how things went down at school. "Well, Malakai needs to learn how to keep his mouth shut."

"To be fair, you did tell us about the hook up." Darren added, pumping their Fenty lipgloss.

"I kept it PG. Whose side are you on?" Amerie frowned, speaking as Darren applied her makeup.

"Yours, babes."

"One-on-one, Malakai is so lovely. But like, when guys get into that group pack mentality, they just turn so feral."

Alydia cringed, running her fingers through her hair and tugging as she rocked back and forth. "Egh. Tyler Lockwood flashbacks."

Darren sighed, closing their eyes in exasperation before shaking their head. "Anyways. I'm sorry, boo. Straight men are the worst."

Alydia nodded her head, snickering. She noticed silence from Quinni's end and turned around to face her, noticing her downturned expression. "You okay, Quinn?"

She huffed, accepting a glass from Amerie. "Lesbians aren't that easy to deal with either."

"Everybody sucks." Amerie spoke, declaratively.

"Mmm." Darren agreed as they drank their champagne.

Quinni tilted her head in consideration. "Except us."

Alydia raised an eyebrow, smirking. "I don't know. I've done my fair share of sucking."

Amerie snorts into her glass, everyone else ignoring the girl's comment.

Darren hummed, nodding. "You know how I feel about people that aren't us."

A knock on the door caused Alydia to turn onto her stomach, supporting her head with her elbows.

Quinni sighed, drinking more from her glass. "I knew Sasha wouldn't show."

Alydia shook her head, kissing her teeth. "Cunt move, Sasha. Cunt move."

Amerie stretched her body, attempting to see who was at the door. "Darren! Who is it?"

"Oh. Just those nice boys we weren't totally just talking shit about."

Alydia grinned, accepting a refill from Amerie and swirling the liquid around her glass. "More drama. How fun."

"You coming to the Slay Ball with us tonight?" Quinni smiled at Malakai, her mood having significantly risen over the past minute.