2: We aren't friends...

"Yash. Let's go or we'll miss the bus." Soumya said grabbing my hands. I looked at them.

"Guys. Don't take it in a wrong way, but I want to talk to him. So you guys go, I'll come."
I gave them a sorry look.

I know they won't mind but they are taking us in a wrong way. I just want to check on him. That's it.

Kritika raised her eyebrow, "Are you sure about the things you said just a while ago?"

See I told you.

"Ofcourse. I just want to check on him. That's it." Please agree, guys.

"Okay. Give us a call when you reach home. Bye." Soumya said after giving me a warning "he-is-your-rival" look.

After they left, I went towards him.

He was doing something to the injured puppy. I guess it's the reason he was absent today.

I stood infront of him. Smiling slightly, I watched him tieing a cloth over the wound.

"You shouldn't do it like that. First apply this ointment then tie it." I said, placing the ointment infront of him.
(Pardon me guys. I'm IT student. I've zero knowledge on animal injuries.)

He flinched by my sudden appearance.
Oops! I bet he was hella shocked to see me.
I told you guys, we don't talk.

"Thanks." He whispered before applying the gel on it's leg. I watched him in silence. After he was done with tie thing, he placed the dog down and was about to leave, I again approached him.

"Hi." He again flinched.
What with this flinch thing?

"You again? You were here till now?" He asked confusedly.

"Yeah. I- I actually want to talk to you, about umm- something."
Why the hell am I stuttering? It's not IAS interview. Duh!

"Sorry. I'm busy."
See I told you, he is rude.

"Hey wait. We can talk while walking, I don't mind." I said following him.

He stopped making my head bump onto his back. Damn!
"But I mind. Please, I don't need to be mocked by you again. Your friends were enough." He said turning to me.

God! His brown eyes are something. The way it shines in sunlight. I swear, it has become my favorite color.

He snapped his finger in front of my eyes, just then I realised I was staring at him for straight 1min.

Girl, you are creepy.
"To Earth. Miss. Raj." He harshly stated.

"Yashvi."

"Huh-"

"Meri name. Yashvi."

"Han toh-"

"Sab mujhe is name se bulate hain."

"Can you directly come to the point?"

"The point is, if you call me Yashvi instead of Miss. Raj. Then I would appreciate it." I said in irritated tone.
God what's his problem?  What does he think of himself? Bat-man?

"But I don't appreciate it. It's informal. So I won't call you that. And yeah bye. I don't have time for your Bullshits." He turned again.
What?

"Why did you get less mark? Is there anything wrong?" I quickly said, and fortunately he stopped.
He turned but this time his eyes had darkened. There was nothing but coldness.

"It's none of your business. You aren't my friend, with whom I should share something. And probably it's also a new plan of you to humiliate me. Okay. Then listen. Congratulations miss. Raj. You got the 1st position. So many wishes for that. I don't deserve it. Happy?"
God. He is mad. He took all the things in wrong way.

"Me kuch bolun or tum hi bologe, sab kuch?"
(Can I say something or not?)

"All ears, miss. Raj." He said turning to go away.

" I just wanted to ask about your problem. If you don't want to share it, I don't mind. I'm not here to mock you. I just wanna say it happens. No need to feel inferior. I was worried when you were absent today. And give your best to the next one." I said in one go.

"Why were you worried for me?" He asked not looking at me.
I narrowed my eyes.
"What do you mean? We are friends. So-"

"We aren't. Goodbye." Saying this he left.

He left.
God this stubborn guy.

........

By the time, I reached my home, It was already evening. I looked towards the parking area to see my mom's car was parked there.
Mom is here?

I ran to the door. Tapping the passcode I opened the door only to find no one. There was no maid.
Strange.
Maybe mom is in her room.

I made my way there. I stopped after listening some sounds. I slowly retreated my steps.
I know what's happening. Again.
I don't want to stay here. They make me disgusted. I hate them.

I quickly left the house. I have no place to go now but I want peace. Just for sometime.
....

It was 8pm. I know it's late.
But I don't want to return. They don't care, I know.

I was just walking around the street aimlessly.
Thinking about my life, it's a mess. What am I doing? What are they doing? Neither I know anything nor them.

My stomach growled. I have some money in my bag. I was still in my uniform.

I entered a convenient store. The money I have now, it can only afford a bread. No problem. Some food is better than no food.

I took the packet and stood in the line for bill.

"540 rupees, ma'am."

Wait. This voice is familiar.
I looked up to see Hriday standing at the counter place.

What the actual hell?
What is he doing here?

Does he work here?
Ofcourse he does.

But why?

So many questions were running in my head. I didn't even realize when it came my turn to bill.
"20 rupees, ma'am."

Did he hit his head somewhere or what? Did he forget me?

"Hriday. Right?"
Is he Hriday's twin brother.

"Yes, ma'am. Cash or Card?"

"Umm cash"
I forwarded the money towards him. He grabbed it.

"Thank you, ma'am. Visit again."

Wait. What just happened?
I left the store.

Why does he work here? Does he need money or what? But-

I looked back to the store. I think it will close at 9pm. I'll wait for him till then.
.....

It was 9pm. The store was closing. I guess he will leave right now. I arranged myself properly before standing infront of it.

After waiting for like 20 minutes, Hriday came out of the store.
He looked up to see me. Anger was clearly visible in his eyes.
Staying for him was the worst decision, I guess.

Ask him, Yashvi.

He was about to leave, when I stopped him.

"Hriday."
He closed his eyes.
I guess for cursing me in his head. Great!

He grabbed my hands, and dragged me to nearby alley. And literally slammed me against the wall.

Okay. I'm gonna die, Guys. Goodbye.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Goodnight guys. I promised to give double updates so here it is. Sorry for being late.
Well see ya.