4: Survi

Hriday POV

What is this feeling? Why the hell did I blush when we were close, that too like a fucking teenager? Hriday. For god sake, you hate her. Did you forget how her friends mocked you?

It was her friends, not her.
My angel side replied.

But she is no good. She also came to mock you.

But she never did.
Aah! I'm so dumb. Why did I burst on her?

I walked back to home thinking about my behavior with her. It was really harsh. I literally lost myself when I saw her.

I always get 1st position. But this time daadi's condition was really critical. So I got so busy taking care of her, that I forgot about our quarter exams.
And she got the 1st place while I got lowest marks I have ever had. Ugh!

I don't hate her. I just hate people who get all the things under them with just one order. I hate rich people. And Yashvi, she is the daughter of 2nd richest businessman in India. That's why I just don't like her.

Thinking all these things, I didn't realize when I reached my place.
I slowly knocked on the door before waiting for daadi to open up.

After waiting for some good damn minutes, I realized there was no one. I panicked.

Where did daadi go? Is she unconscious again?

I checked for key under the vase that was placed at a side. And luckily it was there indicating that daadi has gone somewhere. I sighed in relief.

Thank God that daadi is alright.

She never listens to me. She always goes away somewhere without telling me. Last time, she collapsed on the floor as soon as she entered her room. I always tell her to inform me before going, so that I can know her location if something happens. But never ever, she listened to me. She always says, she is strong and is capable of doing her own works. But she doesn't try to understand my concern.

Daadi is my only family, after my parent's death. Their death made me vulnerable. And now I can't afford to lose Daadi. Daadi loves me so much. And I also love her. She is funny. Beautiful and mainly so kind. She is sociable while I don't even talk to my own classmates. She deserves more love, more happiness. But after papa's death, she was miserable. Ofcourse she lost her son. She always says I look like papa. At first she used to  do all works. But after one accident, she got badly injured. And that made her weak.

After that i started to work in different places. She takes so many medicines and those are really expensive. Half of my salary gets spent on these stuffs. We live in our bunglow which was built by my dad. It's a relief, that we don't need to pay for any rent. But all the taxes and bills, goes from my salary. Also all groceries and goods, I need to pay for them.

Daadi is getting old and weaker. I try so hard to keep her healthy. But what more can I do? I'm just a student with so much burden. I work in a convenient store as a part time job. And it is only source to our living. Because I can't bunk my classes. I don't take tuition so classes are important for me. I try as much as I can do.

My chain of thoughts got broken by sounds heard outside.

Daadi must be here.

I got up and made my way to the main door.
I slowly opened it to see daadi waving her hand to someone. I looked in that direction to see a girl walking away.

Wait. She looks familiar.

"Hello. Young man." Daadi said wiggling her eyebrows.

"Hello. Young lady. Prey tell me now where you went?" She smiled sheepishly. I shook my head before smiling softly.