Part 37

Disclaimer: This fanfic is just for fun! It's all made up and meant purely for entertainment. Any resemblance to real stuff is totally coincidental. I don't own the original characters or worlds; that credit goes to the awesome creators. No harm or disrespect is intended. Enjoy the ride!

When Ghidorah saw Battra, there was a sudden chill in the air. Gestroyah could feel it in its spine. The way Ghidorah looked at Battra reminded them of how Godzilla looked at them the first time they met.

But unlike Godzilla, Ghidorah had something different. Fear. For some odd reason, Ghidorah was displaying signs of fear.

Even though Ghidorah was inhabiting a mechanical body, the way he was tucking his neck as if something was going to slice it and the amount of aggression he was showing to Battra were making the chimera wonder what kind of history these two had.

More importantly, what the hell did Battra do to make the most iconic monster rivaling Godzilla so afraid of him?

The chimera wasn't even sure if he should intervene or not since it felt the two's desire to spill blood slowly overwhelmed any notion of diplomacy.

Yet before a fight could break out, Gestroyah stomped its way in between them. The chimera focused on the demonic moth with a silent plea to let it handle the problem alone. But Battra was conflicted on the matter in his mind.

The chimera was hatchling despite its adult body, and with its power, Battra knew how much trouble they would be in if the parasite in the mechanical body somehow gained influence on its young mind and forced it to make a new, stronger body, just like what it did with Godzilla.

With a grunt, the demonic moth retreated but not before giving Mechagodzilla a glare. Battra still wanted a rematch and to settle a personal grudge. The demonic moth was sure that Mother Nature took inspiration from their fight when he got imprisoned.

Gestroyah watched as the demonic moth went back to the fight, joining Mothra and Biollante in dealing with Excelsus' grunts while Godzilla and Kong were fighting Excelsus.

"You wish to fight me, child?" Ghidorah said through Mechagodzilla.

Hearing those words brought Gestroyah's focus back to the mechanical beast. "HE CAN TALK!?" Odin said.

"Don't be rude!" Cody whispered.

"Odin probably just thought we would be hearing angry screams," Ning said. "Not gonna lie, I did too."

Cody looked at Ning with a disappointed look but understood why both thought about it. The novels clearly said it: Kevin was beyond pissed when he was resurrected but still.

"Can we talk, dad?" Cody said, looking at Mechagodzilla.

Suddenly, the colors of the eyes kept switching between red and blue before ending back in red.

"I HAVE SON!!?" The mechanical beast screamed. "HOW!? WHO!?"

"With Godzilla," Ning said simply, failing to notice that Mechagodzilla was short-circuiting.

"Aye, don't forget to mention he tried to kill us," Odin added.

"He did what!?" Kevin yelled, almost ready to march to war. Say what you will about his species, but Ghidorah's always cared for their younglings, which is why they terraformed planets in order for their young to survive.

"Should we tell him he's going to be a grampa?" Cody giddily asked.

"I'm gonna be a what!?"

***

Meanwhile, Excelsus was cursing himself for struggling against two brats who barely even reached the same age as their predecessors. As Godzilla and Kong stood side by side, Excelsus' heart raced as a brief image of both Dagon and Griesus briefly took over.