Chapter 8 : Kingdom of Olympus

After a steamy carriage ride, they finally arrived back at the Kaizenix empire, where Kim Dokja was seething with anger and Yoo Joonghyuk wore a satisfied smirk.

"Do you always have to be so rough?" Kim Dokja snapped, his voice laced with irritation. "What the hell is wrong with you? Do you enjoy parading around the fact that we had sex?"

Yoo Joonghyuk shrugged, his gaze flickering to the tearful and annoyed Dokja. "It's not my fault your pheromones were going crazy back there. I guess you enjoyed it as much as I did," he said, a teasing edge to his voice. "And don't blame me for your provocations."

Kim Dokja's cheeks flushed with anger. "You're insufferable. At least you managed to look like an actual royal back there, unlike the wild dog you usually resemble."

Yoo Joonghyuk was widely offended by Kim Dokja's comment, his brows furrowing in displeasure. "I'll have you know that I am more than capable of controlling myself in public," he retorted, his tone defensive.

Kim Dokja, undeterred by Yoo Joonghyuk's offense, smirked mischievously. "Of course you are, Hyukie."

Yoo Joonghyuk rolled his eyes at the teasing remark. "You're impossible," he muttered under his breath.

As they entered the palace, Kim Dokja turned to Yoo Joonghyuk with a hopeful expression. "Since we're back, how about you cook something for us to celebrate?" he suggested, trying to change the subject.

Yoo Joonghyuk raised an eyebrow, seeing through Kim Dokja's thinly veiled excuse. "Oh, is this just your way of getting me to cook for you again?" he remarked, a hint of amusement in his voice. "Your pride must be as high as the palace walls if you can't just admit you want to eat my food."

"You're insufferable," Kim Dokja muttered, shooting Yoo Joonghyuk an annoyed glance.

Yoo Joonghyuk simply smirked in response. "Well, someone has to keep you on your toes," he replied, his tone teasing.

Kim Dokja rolled his eyes, crossing his arms over his chest. "Just get on with it and cook already," he grumbled, unable to hide the hint of anticipation in his voice.

Yoo Joonghyuk chuckled, turning to head to the kitchen. "As you wish, Your Highness," he said with a mock bow, his smirk widening at Kim Dokja's irritated expression.

Three days after the banquet, Kim Dokja proposed the idea of a hunting trip to Yoo Joonghyuk. The latter, feeling restless and eager for activity, agreed, intrigued by the prospect of witnessing a different side of Kim Dokja.

In the heart of the dense forest, their footsteps echoing through the towering trees, Kim Dokja scanned the surroundings for prey while Yoo Joonghyuk observed with interest, curious about his companion's hunting prowess.

As they delved deeper into the wilderness, Kim Dokja's playful nature surfaced. Catching sight of a deer in the distance, he seized the opportunity to tease Yoo Joonghyuk. With a confident grin, he swiftly took down the deer, his display of strength impressing even himself.

Standing proudly over the fallen deer, Kim Dokja turned to Yoo Joonghyuk, mischief gleaming in his eyes. "Well, look what I caught," he announced, gesturing grandly to the deer at his feet.

Yoo Joonghyuk arched an eyebrow, his expression one of mild confusion. "And?" he responded, his tone tinged with skepticism.

Kim Dokja chuckled, relishing in Yoo Joonghyuk's perplexity. "Isn't it customary for the husband to present his hunt to his helpless, soft wife?" he teased, a playful smirk gracing his lips.

Recognition dawned on Yoo Joonghyuk's face, his initial confusion replaced by annoyance. "You're insufferable," he muttered, a flicker of irritation in his eyes as he shot a glare at Kim Dokja.