Sidestory 2 : Sooyoung's struggles

"Damn..." Han Sooyoung scratched her head, not knowing what to do. It had been two weeks since Biyoo caught her Papa's bouquet and handed it to Yoo Sangah, her girlfriend.

Now, as Han Sooyoung sat in their shared room, she couldn't help but feel a mix of amusement and exasperation. Yoo Sangah, sitting across from her, seemed to be in a daze, her cheeks flushed with a perpetual blush since that fateful bouquet toss.

"So, have you thought about the future, Sooyoung?" Yoo Sangah asked casually, her eyes sparkling with subtle hints. "You know, now that weddings are in the air."

Han Sooyoung blinked, trying to keep up. "What do you mean?"

Yoo Sangah smiled innocently, but her eyes betrayed her intent. "Oh, you know, like what kind of ring you'd want to give someone special or what kind of proposal you'd imagine."

Han Sooyoung felt a twinge of nervousness. "Well, I haven't really thought about it. Why, have you?"

Yoo Sangah's smile widened, and she shrugged nonchalantly. "Just a bit. I mean, it's not every day you catch a bouquet at a wedding. Some people say it's a sign, you know?"

Han Sooyoung's eyes widened slightly, and she started to fidget. "A sign, huh? Well, you know, those things are just coincidences, right?"

Yoo Sangah leaned in a bit closer, her gaze unwavering. "Maybe. But it got me thinking. Don't you think it would be nice to plan something special for the future? Like, imagine how you'd propose. Would it be grand or something more intimate?"

Han Sooyoung could feel the pressure mounting. She rubbed the back of her neck, trying to laugh it off. "I-I guess I'd figure it out when the time comes. No need to rush things, right?"

Yoo Sangah just kept smiling, her eyes filled with a knowing sparkle. "Of course, no rush. But it's always good to be prepared, don't you think? Just in case."

Han Sooyoung gulped, feeling the walls closing in. "Y-yeah, just in case..."

Before Yoo Sangah could tease her further, the door opened, and Kim Dokja and Yoo Joonghyuk entered the room, hand in hand.

They looked every bit the happy couple, radiating a sense of contentment that made Han Sooyoung's heart swell.

"Hey, you two," Kim Dokja greeted, his smile warm and genuine. "What's up?"

"Oh nothing much Dokja-ssi." Yoo Sangah replied. "So, how's married life treating you two?" Han Sooyoung asked, changing the subject.

Kim Dokja exchanged a glance with Yoo Joonghyuk, their smiles growing wider. "It's been great," Kim Dokja said. "Biyoo's keeping us on our toes, though. She's a handful."

Yoo Joonghyuk nodded in agreement. "She's got endless energy. Just yesterday, she nearly knocked over an entire shelf of books in the library."

Han Sooyoung laughed. "Sounds like Biyoo, all right. Maybe we should enroll her in some activities to burn off that energy."

"That's actually a good idea," Yoo Sangah chimed in, her eyes lighting up. "I think she'd love something like that."

The palace was finally quiet as the evening settled in, Biyoo having drifted off to sleep after much cajoling from both of her parents. In the silence, Yoo Joonghyuk and Kim Dokja took a rare moment to relax, leaning against each other in the dim light of their quarters.

However, their peace was soon interrupted when Han Sooyoung appeared at the doorway, looking somewhat anxious. Kim Dokja raised an eyebrow, curious about the intrusion.

"Joonghyuk, can I talk to you for a second?" Han Sooyoung asked, her voice unusually hesitant.

Yoo Joonghyuk exchanged a curious glance with Kim Dokja before nodding. "Sure," he said, following her out into the hallway.