8

"Hey, it's Walter. Leave a message."

Billie lets out a grunt when she's taken to voicemail for the sixth consecutive time. She tucks her phone into her pocket and walks into her hotel room, shutting the door behind her. She glances at herself in the full body mirror and takes in her blood soaked clothes.

She paces back and forth and lets out a sigh as she grabs her phone again and tries for Walter one more time. She tosses it on the bed when she gets the same result: no answer.

To be frank, her situation's dire. She's in a completely different country, different jurisdiction, different rules. Just above her are five dead bodies in a bloody hotel room where there are cameras that have her walking in and leaving out alone.

Without her help across the states, her calls that aren't be answered, she's fucked. A knock on the door kicks her mind back into action and she's ready to strike until she hears a voice, "Ma'am, this is Hotel Front Desk Service."

She curses under her breath when she realizes her current state. She yells out for the person to wait a moment and attempts to quickly rid herself of her soiled clothes and into something less messy; it doesn't help her lower neck and chest that's stained, but luckily her hair's long enough to make do.

She opens the door with a smile on her face. "Hi, sorry. Just got out of the shower." She tells him. "Ma'am, there seems to be an issue with your billing,"

"Unfortunately, the card you had on file has disputed the charges for some reason. Is there another card you would like to place on your account?"

A sigh leaves from Billie as she shakes her head. "Oh, desole, let me make a really quick phone call and I'll get that sorted out for you."

She shuts the door in his face and walks back to her cell. "Fuck Wally, pick up the phone."

She knows she can't be in the hotel any longer. There's no one picking up the phone to clean up her mess on the upper floor and there are cameras that have her walking in and walking out bloody. It's too quick, too risky, too soon.

She has to go.

She lets out a deep breath to regulate herself and grabs what she can, looks through the peep hole and when the hotel employee isn't there, she exits the room.

She walks towards the elevator and then makes a left heading to the stairwell. She pushes the double doors open and bolts down the flight of steps. Exhausting and long, but faster than waiting for the elevator to make its rounds before reaching her.

She lands in the lobby and instantly, something tells her to stop. To pause and examine her view and instantly, she notices it.

Eyes.

They're everywhere. They're crawling up her back, down her legs. She feels and she knows she's being watched. She pushes her shoulders back, lets out a breath and walks calmly out of the hotel doors.

She's met with the frosty air and continues to walk away from the hotel. Her phone buzzes and she yanks out of her back pocket in anticipation. She scoffs in disbelief when it doesn't turn on and the screen is completely black.

Her body stops abruptly when she collides into something. She curses and goes to apologize when she realizes it's a person.

"Je suis vraiment desole!" She reaches down to grab the things that fell on the ground and she passes it back to the person she bumped into. She's almost done when her finger touches a small cut out picture and she's met with her very own face.

She looks up quickly and gasps when she's met with a gun in her face. Her hand smacks the gun of her face, she stands up straight, grabbing her offender's wrist and twisting it to face him and pull the trigger.

He drops to the ground and Billie tucks the gun in her waistband and flees the main street into the nearest alleyway and seconds later, she hears screams. She squeezes through the alleyway as quickly as possible and when she makes it through the back, she's met with another guest.

This guest brands a blade and inches towards Billie, who doesn't move at all. "You guys just can't get enough of me, hm?" She tilts her head.

He doesn't say anything and swipes down at her, making her jump back, but also in the process get her arm slashed. She charges at him and pushes him against the concrete wall and they fight over control of the blade.

Billie holds his wrist tightly and grabs the gun out of her waistband. It's knocked out of her hand and she's pushed back onto the concrete. She winces loudly when his knee presses into her stomach, keeping her down.

She glares at him and his hand that is ready to come down and finish her off. A small sound is heard and she gasps when he falls on top of her. A groan leaves her lips when blood starts pouring down her cheek and into her ear.

She juts forward and pushes the body off of her and looks ahead, panting heavily. A figure with a hood and mask covering their face holds a handgun with a silencer attach. The figure lowers the gun and walks slowly towards her.

She looks at them and gasps when a hand wraps around the back of her neck and pulls her closer. She's not quick enough because the other hand snaps out a needle and pokes it into her neck.

The figure lets go of her and she falls back, hitting her head on the concrete. Her blinks are slowed and she finds herself unable to fight back when the figure lifts her up easily and flings her over her shoulder.

Murmurs are the only thing that leaves her mouth and all she can do is accept defeat as she dragged out of the alleyway and her eyes meet a black van. She's being inched closer and closer and when the door opens, she catches a glimpse of another person, this one, a little more familiar.

But before she can confirm the identity, she's met with blackness.

Author's Note: BUM BUM BUM