5 - Engagement

Hello Dearies.....

I am sorry I am late in providing the update but I got engaged in lot of works that kept me from writing.....

Anyhow.....I am back with the update....hope you will enjoy it.....

Happy Reading.....

*****

Vicky climbed the stairs and opened the terrace door since his messed-up thoughts and his brother's snores kept him from sleeping.

Though it's for a short while, the fresh, cool breeze let him forget everything as he closed his eyes. He smiled till the tinkling of anklets reached his ears.

He turned around to see Swetha coming down the steps of the water tank, which is a level rise to the terrace.

Her sandal scent surrounded him, he could see that she was dressed in peach-colored pajamas and her dark hair was flying casually in the air.....the corner of her lips spread a little seeing him there.

Swetha:"What are you doing here?" Swetha whispered getting him back to the present. He composed himself before asking.

Vicky:"What are you doing here?" he asked trying to intimidate her. To which she covered his mouth with her hand.

Swetha:"Sh.....lower your voice, Bava. They can hear you." Vicky stared into her eyes. Being overseas had accustomed him to ladies calling him many attractive names, which had no effect on him at all. He could not, however, understand how this four-letter basic endearment, spoken in her soft voice, could make his heart race. "If he finds me here.....I have to....."

Vicky:"Who is that he you are talking about?" Vicky removed her hand with a furrowed brow and searched for the person Swetha was referring.

Swetha:"Police.....if he caught me.....I have to stay in the prison whole night....."

Vicky:"What crime you have committed to get arrested by the police."

Swetha:"I taunted him when he failed to capture me last time.....so he is taking revenge now."

Before Vicky could pose another question, they heard footsteps.....Swetha's eyes widened, and she pulled Vicky along with her to hide behind the water tank.

Vicky was losing his patience and wanted to yell at her but was stopped by a cry......

"Huh.....Isha told me she hid here.....but the terrace is empty......"

Seeing Swetha's uneven breathing.....Vicky tried to peep outside but Swetha caught his collar pulling him back.

Swetha:"No bava.....we will get caught." Vicky who didn't expect the action from her, placed his hands on either side of her to balance himself.

Her gaze is fixed intently on his, as though she's naively asking for him.Vicky made every effort to ignore her and looked out to see Swetha's cousin glancing around while holding a flashlight-equipped phone.

Vicky:"I don't see anyone other than your cousin Rakesh."

Swetha:"From whom we are hiding now."

Vicky frowned and looked at her in confusion.

Vicky:"You said police are after you."

Swetha:"Haa.....that's what I am saying....." Vicky so wanted to bang his head to the pillar they are leaning on to.

Vicky:"How come an undergraduate student can become a police officer?"

Vicky whisper yelled unable to contain his frustration to which Swetha blinked her eyes twice before answering.