Chapter 10 - A Bump For One, A Sinking For Another

Everything was moving and yet still

Everything was moving and yet still. Piya was still in disbelief that she saw him last night, albeit only for a few seconds but... he was there, and her mind would not let it go.

However, she had to move on, to be able to complete the script, so she would leave Goa, again. She would be able to come back to her life. Her exciting life, her lonely life. Staying in Goa would only cause more harm than good, even though her life started from here.

She had to run from this place, as soon as possible, so she ducked and waited until he left. She heard a bicycle's chime and assumed that he left so that when she got up, she didn't realise she would be in front of two random boys.

"Yes?" She said as casually as possible.

"Why are you hiding in your home?"

What could she possibly say to make the kids understand and then make them leave, then an idea came to her mind.

"There are some ghosts that live here. A friend of mine let me stay here, because she doesn't like anything paranormal, and I love scary stuff."

"What is paranormal?"

"Things that we cannot understand with our human logic. Something beyond us, like magic, or ghosts, demons. You know... the usual."

"Like Dracula?"

"Even worse."

"Imagine your worst nightmare, times a thousand. Demons like that."

As soon as she said demons from their own worst nightmares, they both started running away from her, while crying.

She couldn't believe that it worked, so as a response she started chuckling, and then a full-on laugh erupted as she kept remembering about the kids.

Once the kids left and her laughter died down to a chuckle, the silence greeted her again. The moon was shining, like a silver pearl in the black starry night.

The place she was staying at was pretty. It was a cute house, facing the sea.

Her assistant knew her well. Sometimes too well. The house was placed next another one which houses another writer, and on the other side of the street there was another house, which looks so beautiful.

The sea brought her calm, but also some deep seeded memories which flowing within her, like the waves.

After the eventful evening, she decided to start taking some stuff from her suitcase for starting her night time routine, which consisted of her skincare products, dental products, her trusted speaker, and her latest read, which either meant a new books or a reread. Finally, her pyjamas. Once she got everything she started shutting from the outside world and enter her own. The rehearsed motions before going to bed went smoothly but her heart longed for a place to call home.

Her childhood was...messy. So, she found her solace in books and everything that entailed with them.