Chapter 2

~ The Battle 

"Next up Ambrose vs. James Kira! Begin!" 

"{Time magic: Temporal Shot Down}" James cast, as golden clocks formed above them each one aimed at Ambrose, "Forgive me Ambrose but I'm going all out, and I'd hope you do the same." He explained as the clocks released their temporal energy all of which was trained on Ambrose, who stood there with a small smile. "What kind of dance partner would I be if I didn't match your delightful energy? {Spatial magic: Dimensional Lock}" In an instant all beams of energy were frozen in place inches away from the black-clad mage. "See, look how well our magic complements each other." Ambrose mused earning a laugh from his blonde opponent.

"Indeed they do, and I hope you can match my next attack. {Creation magic: Temporal Guardian, Cogsworth!}"  Time seemed to slow as a golden glow enveloped the arena, thousands of clocks chimed simultaneously as a golem comprised entirely of clock pieces appeared in the arena. 

"Oh dear, I don't know if I have something that can match that magnificent golem of yours however I'll give it a try

"Oh dear, I don't know if I have something that can match that magnificent golem of yours however I'll give it a try. {Creation magic: Lord of the Fourth-Dimension, Astoroth}" Pale purple and gold light pulsed as a golden gate materialized in front of the golem Cogsworth. The whole arena drew in a breath as the gates opened to reveal the top half of an angel, Its arms were severed connecting to the main body with golden chains, its head floating above its neck, as eyes littered the halos encompassing its face. 

Astoroth opened its mouth charging up a beam of pure concentrated spatial energy, as Cogsworth did that same, charging up pure Temporal energy in his eye

Astoroth opened its mouth charging up a beam of pure concentrated spatial energy, as Cogsworth did that same, charging up pure Temporal energy in his eye.  Their respective masters each had a manic grin on their faces as they prepared to eviscerate the arena and quite possibly the capital as well. However, the Captains wouldn't allow that to happen, not while they were all there at the epicenter." {Dream Magic: Glamour World}" A rainbow mist enveloped the two golems as they disappeared into the dream world created by a certain pink-clad witch.  " We declare this match a draw. You have both shown yourself powerful mages, there is no need for this battle to continue right now." Vangance declares form his seat up in the stands. "Very well James, it seems are spar has come to an end you are safe from defeat for now."  Ambrose shrugged turning to walk toward the stands being followed by the aforementioned male.  

"I've never felt that way before, the pull of your magic was so intoxicating, what was that?" James questioned. "There are things in this world you couldn't possibly fathom, nor can I for that matter." Ambrose turned to face the blond beside him, reaching for his hand. "As for what we felt, It is as I said before. Our magic complements each other, intertwining with each other, and becoming stronger when we're together." He continued lacing their fingers together, inviting the warmth of the other man in. "My mother once told me stories of which a person's mana would seek out another who is compatible with said person's. She told me that's how the Heart Queendom was born, a lonely woman's mana intertwined with a heartbroken man. That their love and power gave birth to a land rich with mana." James raised their intertwined fingers to his lips, " She said they were Soulmates destined to be together for all eternity."