Chapter 4

~ The Worst Squad

"You sure you're not just making an excuse to see me again?"

"Darling, I'm a prince, I need no excuses to see whomever I choose."

~

Ambrose stood slightly behind Captain Yami as they walked into the base, not wanting to end up like Asta, Who was hit with the full force of a fireball as soon as he walked through the door. Upon entering the deformed structure, they were met with the sight of utter chaos. At the sight of such destruction, Ambrose smiled slightly, reminded of times spent traveling with friends.

Yami on the other hand felt his headache growing and coated his fist with dark magic, slamming it into the wall behind him. The shattering of the wall drew the attention of the rowdy squad members who upon seeing the captain return became even louder as they welcomed them home. To this, Yami smiled "You all missed me the bad huh? NOW ALL OF YOU SHUT UP!" at his harsh playful tone the members all lined up in front of him all wearing goof simles.

"All right listen up, we got two new members for the exams. This is Ambrose and Asta." At their introduction, all eyes in the room turned to them well more like Ambrose as Asta was nowhere to be found. Though on the inside he was dying as he observed each of the members of the Black Bulls. Not of fear, but silent laughter. This is the most feared magic knight squad in the entire kingdom? Known for their brute strength and the destruction they wrought on their various missions and though they were seen as the worst of the magic knight squads their power was known and feared among the common realm. "Woah, These are your are your squadmates Captain? When I heard the stories told by the commoners about your strength I wanted to meet you, but now I'm just disappointed." He laughed a bit as they looked ready to kill him. "OH YEAH, JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE!!" A fire mage with an odd hairstyle yelled. Ambrose stared at him with a small smile, " Well going off the fact that you're the only fire mage within the squad you must be Magna, nice to meet you. I'm Ambrose and I'm your newest spatial mage." Introducing himself with a smile. "Yell at me again I might just kill you," he said still smiling though something about it seemed off the those watching the exchange. Magna stepped back a little off-put by the threat.

"Well I think I like that idea," Yami said from behind them, "A fight sounds like fun why don't we bet on it? But you won't be fighting Magna, instead you be fighting him" He points over to a white-haired boy reading in the corner of the room, when he felt their eyes on him he turned to face with confusion. "Yes, Captain? Didn't realize you were back." the boy yawned before walking over to Yami and hugging him, "I'm cold captain hold me." Yami rolled his eyes before picking the boy up. "Jack, You're going to be sparing with the new member." The boy, Jack as he was now named turned the face Ambrose. "Are you a Foreigner? Don't see skin that dark on this continent." He asked tiredly, and it was true Ambrose was from another country which meant his magic operated differently than it did for them which made him a potentially powerful foe to face. "I am, my name is Ambrose."

"Well, Ambrose lets hurry this up, Im cold and wanna go to bed"