The Truth

Stiles

"Stiles, why the hell am I at the vet's office this late at night?" I felt incredibly nervous at telling my dad about the supernatural.

I felt a rush of emotion in my chest that was warm and encouraging. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Then I looked at my dad.

"A situation has occurred and someone I care about needs help, but that means you have to know the truth about Beacon Hills," I took another deep breath, "Scott, Derek, Deaton, I'm ready."

They all came out of the back room. Derek came and stood beside me with Amber still in his arms. Then my dad pulled out his gun and pointed it at Derek. I made the decision to step in front of them.

"Stiles, move aside." I shook my head.

"No, Dad. Derek and Amber need our help," I felt a warm feeling in my chest again, "Amber was attacked tonight by some of her own family and in order for you to know the full truth you need to know the truth about Beacon Hills. Scott show him, please."

Scott turned and he roared at my dad. My dad turned his gun to Scott. My dad was terrified.

"Sheriff, you need to put the gun down. Scott won't hurt you. They didn't show you this to hurt you, they showed you this because Amber and Derek need protection." My dad turned to me.

"Is this why you snuck out late or always spent the night at Scott's house," he turned to Scott, "does your mother even know about this?"

Scott looked down at the ground ashamed. I heard a whimper from behind me and turned around to face Derek and Amber. Amber was hiding her face against his chest.

"Hey," I looked up at Derek, "it's okay, Stiles. No matter what happens we are here for you no matter what."

What?

I felt a tug in my chest and then felt full of love and confidence. I turned back to my Dad.

"I know it's a lot for you to take in, but they need us Dad. Amber's mother and Aunt hurt her. Derek is the only one she trusts, Dad. Please, trust us on this. Trust me." He slowly lowered his gun.

Noah Stilinski

I lowered my gun watching my son stand in front of a man who my son accused of murder earlier this year. My son had always been quick to jump the gun, but today he was calm and collected. I looked at Deaton then at Scott.

"How long has Scott been a wolf?" Scott stepped closer to me.

"I was turned the night you found Stiles in the woods by himself." What?

"So you've been fighting a battle I didn't know about that long? Who turned you Scott, was it Derek," Scott shook his head, "no. It was an alpha. We don't know who the alpha is."

"Actually," Derek stepped forward, "that might not be true. I think Amber already knows who the Alpha is. The day I met her she was on a run. She came by my old house and accidentally touched the front door. Since the fire was filled with so many people their emotions left an imprint on the house she saw the fire because she is an empath. She saw the fire from Peter's perspective. Everyone who the Alpha has killed was involved in the fire somehow and now that Kate Argent is in town it's only a matter of time before Peter goes for her next."

"That's not good. I can't believe I'm about to say this, but we need Allison's Dad. If Kate is the reason behind the fire then who knows how many more people were involved, and even if they are murderers they deserve to pay the price the right way. Not be murdered." I looked between Scott, Stiles, Derek, and Deaton.

My son and his best friend had been thrown into a dangerous world and I had been to blind to it. I looked behind Stiles to the girl in Derek's arms. He was holding her like she was the most precious thing in the world to him. She was gripping his shirt and holding onto it like a lifeline. I put my gun in my holster and sighed.

"So what do we do? How do we protect them from beings that aren't supernatural?" Deaton stepped forward.

"I'm assuming you gave guns in your home. That is the only way to protect them. Teach them how to use them. I'll give you mountain ash as a safety measure against supernatural creatures, but you will have to be ready to help them against Kate and Amber's mother. Are you prepared for that Sheriff?" I looked at my son.

He looked nervous and scared. I looked behind Stiles at Derek and Amber. My son had always been one to act and make assumptions without checking his facts, but today I saw him differently. He had risked my anger and worry to concoct a plan to tell me the truth. To find a way to protect his friend.

"I'll do it." Stiles was hugging me before I could register that he had moved across the room.

"Thank you, Dad." I hugged my son back.