19. 𓆩ꨄ︎𓆪

Eleven years old Zulaid dressed in school uniform walked into the house holding the packet of sweets his father bought on the way.

"Mama! Where are you?" Zulaid didn't find anyone in the lounge unlike usual.

"Papa where is everyone? You said that the baby has finally arrived" He questioned his father who walked behind him. He knew his uncle and aunt were going to be parents for the first time.

"Everyone must be in the guest room. Go there!" Ayub pointed at a room where his brother and his heavily pregnant wife shifted recently.

"Mama! I am home" Zulaid rushed to the room screaming.

As he opened the door he actually found everyone there. His chachi was lying on the bed. She looked exhausted. His mother was feeding her soup. His grandmother was sitting on the bed beside chachi holding the baby in her arms. His chachu was playing with the hands of his newborn daughter.

Hamad was playing on the floor. His toys were scattered at the floor. He was lost in playing and not bothering anyone.

"Aslamo alaikum!!" Zulaid greeted loudly as he was done with the inspection.

"Walekum salam! My son came back" Ibrahim smiled at him.

"Yes chacha! Papa told me you got a girl" He smiled at him.

"Yes!" Ibrahim laughed.

"Come beta! she is here" His grandmother asked him to come closer.

"No. First go and wash your hands" Saman pointed towards the washroom.

"Okay" He rushed to get done in a minute then came to his grandmother who was holding the baby wrapped in white baby blanket.

Ibrahim gave him a place to lean forward. He leaned down at the baby and saw her face. She was sleeping peacefully. He smiled lightly while watching her little hands.

"She is so cute" He touched her puffy cheeks. Her skin was as soft as cotton candy.

"What's her name?" He didn't avert his eyes from her cute face.

"Inara!" Ibrahim told him happily.

"Such a nice name. Mama I want to hold her. Can I?" He spread his arms in the air to hold her but didn't forget to ask his mother's permission.

"Be gentle!" Saman instructed.

"I will" He nodded.

"She is so fragile. Be gentle!" His grandmother carefully placed her in his arms.

"You are so cute baby Nara!" He kissed her cheeks.

"No she isn't cute. She was crying before you came" Hamad shared his thoughts, holding Zulaid's legs. He didn't realize when he came behind her.

"She is as cute as you" Zulaid changed his statement to make him happy.

"Okay. I want her too" He also wanted to hold her now.

"You have already held her Hamad! She would cry again what would you do then..." Saman gently made him understand that he couldn't hold her again.

Zulaid was sitting on the bed holding her in his arms. His eyes fixed at her. He carefully placed her next to Farida and held her tinny hands in his bigger one.

Zulaid found a new thing to play with. Even though he was realizing that everyone's attention was averted to the baby he still liked her. He had accepted this dividend attention long ago when Hamad was born. It didn't affect him now. He was happy to spend his time with her, to hold her.