28. 𓆩ꨄ︎𓆪

500+ votes for the next update. The earlier you hit the target, i will update the next chapter:)

Zulaid wrapped a strand of her long hair around his index finger. He was playing with her hair. Her eyes were closed, head rested on his lap.

"Nara!" He called her name softly.

"Mhm"

"I want to talk to you about something important" He said.

"What?" She opened her eyes and turned her face to see him, head still resting on his lap.

"Do you trust me?" He asked looking into her eyes.

"What kinda question is this!" She chuckled.

"I am serious" He didn't even smile.

"Why are you so serious? You are scaring me. Are you mad at me?" She asked him innocently.

"Why would I be mad at you? You didn't do anything wrong" He caressed her cheeks.

"Then" She said.

"I just want to discuss something with you. We are husband and wife. We should talk about the things that are disturbing us. Right!" He asked gently.

She sat up on the bed facing him and nodded her head. She was getting nervous about what he wanted to talk. He looked very serious.

"Do you trust me?" He repeated himself.

"More than anyone else" She replied truthfully after taking a pause.

"You know that I love you" He asked.

"I know" She gave him a small smile.

"I believe something is wrong with you. Can you share that with me? I have all time for Inara! I have nothing more important in my life more than you. You can always open up yourself to me. I would gladly hear you" He took her hands in his and said softly.

"Mhm. What it-is about? She muttered, looked kinda scare.

"You do have anxiety. Right?" He asked.

She just nodded. She understood where the conversation was now leading to.

"From when?" He didn't leave her hands. He felt her hands were sweaty unlike usual.

"We have already talked about it" She mentioned about the conversation they had after her presentation in surgery rotation.

"Yes, but that was a different thing. At that time we weren't even friends and now we are everything to each other. Right!" He was playing safe with his words.

She silently nodded.

"So can you tell me when it started happening?"

"When I was in school" She mumbled, tried to free her hands from his grip.

He gladly left her hands to make her more comfortable.

"You used to participate in class?" He asked.

"Hardly"