Forgotten Promises, Forgotten Memories

>>>>> PART ONE

"Chay, what if one day I suddenly disappear? What will you do?"

"What will I do?"

"Yes. What would you do if I suddenly disappear?"

"This one!"

"Ow! Why'd you hit me?"

"Cuz you're asking a stupid question Kim."

Kim and Chay, they have known each other since they can't even remember now. They were always together; best friends as they claim. And you won't see them not beside each other. Chay as the clingy one and Kim as the overprotective one. They are two peas in a pod; always in sync in everything that they do.

"It's just a question Chay. That's why I said 'what if' on that one."

But for Chay, that's the kind of question he is afraid Kim would ask him someday. Just by the thought of it makes his chest tighten; his breathing suddenly stopping and his heart aching. Just by imagining Kim without by his side makes his world go dark, mundane, lifeless, colorless and Chay doesn't want that. He doesn't want to be separated from Kim.

His Kim.

"Don't ask me that kind of question again or I won't ever talk to you Kim." Chay said while puffing his cheeks and trying to look like he's mad at him but really, he cannot get mad at Kim.

"Really?" but yeah of course Kim loves teasing Chay.

"Oh, watch me. I can definitely do that."

"You can't even tie your shoelaces properly without my help." Kim smugly said.

And that earned Kim a stomp on his feet. Of course, Chay is already on his feet running away from his best friend cuz he knows Kim won't let him go that easily.

Yes, Kim won't let him go.

>>>>>>>>

The sky was starting to get dark. It was four in the afternoon but the clouds were already rumbling, ready to pour out a heavy rain Chay is so sure will last for an hour. And what a coincidence because he didn't bring his umbrella. Well, the morning news said that it won't rain today but the funny thing is, Kim was insisting Chay to bring an umbrella with him.

"I should've listened to Kim." Chay said to himself.

Just when he was about to step out of their school building, it already started pouring and Chay can see students running for cover. A rain in this time of the year is very unusual but maybe the gods are blessing them one because it really is scorching hot these past few days. He doesn't have any choice but to wait for the rain to stop. Kim didn't attend any classes because he said, he had some errands to do today so Chay won't be getting a free ride from his rich kid best friend.

"Oh, Chay? Where's my cousin?"

Chay was busy scrolling through his phone when suddenly, someone poked his cheeks. There's only one person who can do that to him.

"Oh, it's you Cau." Chay said.

"What's up with that tone man. Are you disappointed it wasn't your crush Kim?" Macau teasingly said earning him a punch on the stomach. It wasn't that strong so it's okay for Macau. It's just, he really loves teasing Chay about his crush on his cousin.

"One day I'm gonna sew your lips together."

"Oooooh, scary." But he only got a side-eye from Chay. "Okay, okay. I won't tease you anymore. Why are you stuck here by the way?"