7. SECOND SECRET

y/n's pov

i got ready for my classes and dropped a text to billie hoping she'd reply. i didn't know i got so attached to someone so easily...

i smiled at the text and started to dress myself. i put on my clothes and did a little bit of light makeup. swinging the bag over one shoulder, i looked at my phone again. billie hadn't replied even then. i was a little disappointed...

i tried to shrug the feeling off.

i walked out of the door and headed to my car. reyes was still quite... shaken from the entire incident and he refused to talk to me. i supposed that was because he assumed i was probably working for billie which was... true to be honest.

"where to, miss?"  his tone was almost cold and it made me sigh as i got on my seat.

"school," i replied shortly and crossed my legs, placing my bag beside me. i took my phone out and opened billie's chat, seeing her message.

BILLIE EILISH

BILLIE

hey, mamas, didn't know
you'd wake so early, it hasn't
even been that long since i
left your place but oh well i
guess my little hard working
angel needed to get up for
school anyway.

i wanted to talk to you about
the entire carrie chaos. listen,
if you don't want to stalk her
and do my work in gathering
data about her, you don't have
to, i don't wanna be forcing you
this way.

but if you do want to continue,
inform me by midnight. i'll give
you your time and space to think
about it and do hit me up if you
want to continue working with me.

if not, tell me so too...

whatever you choose y/n i'll always
love you anyway. i love you, y/n.

her words were right from her heart and i could tell by just reading it once. i could feel reyes's stare on me from the rearview mirror but i ignored him as i thought over my answer. i didn't want to make her wait. i needed to bring justice to her brother but what was i supposed to pick?

if i picked the choice to join her in this entire ordeal i would be involving myself with the criminal world directly and my existence itself would become illegal, supporting the probable biggest crime organisation. but i would be able to... what was i seriously thinking, joining a crime organisation? i sighed and turned my phone off, burying my head in my hands.

"we're here, miss."

i nodded and got out of the car, walking inside the school campus as i swung my bag over my shoulder. i walked down the hall to my classroom, holding my phone cautiously. i didn't know why i was so... i was so nervous today of all days.

just then carrie appeared out of nowhere and smiled at me cheerfully, "hey, how's your weekend been?"

"solid shit," i sighed and stuffed my phone inside my pocket, looking at her, "what's with the happy attitude? you feeling better now?"

she nodded, smiling, "hey, y/n, can you come over today and maybe we can have a sleepover?"

i blinked in surprise, "a sleepover? that's new."

"yeah, i have been kind of lonely after what happened, you know," carrie trailed off and i knew she was referring to kevin's death. i felt a little bad for her.