chapter 39

Todoroki smiles, having a decent conversation with his mother, Fuyumi and Natsuo, as his phone starts to ring. He looks down to see it's Momo.

"Momo, what is it?, I'm visiting my mom." He says, but to his surprise, Momo is crying.

"*sniff*, shoto it's Izuku..., he's been shot. I'm at the hospital right now, " Momo says, shocking him.

"Shot?, what do you mean?" He asks as Rei, Fuyumi, and Natsuo look at him, confused.

"We were at the mall and Shigaraki was there he spoke to Izuku, then Hado senpai came to see what was going on and then Droid snipers tried to kill her but Izuku took the shot, and now we don't know if he's even gonna live!" Momo shouts, crying.

"I'm on my way now." He says immediately, grabbing his things and heading for the door.

"Shoto, wait, what happened? Wasn't that Yaoyorozu?" Fuyumi asks, confused.

"It was, Midoriya has been injured and may not survive." Shoto says.

Both Fuyumi and Rei frezze, especially Fuyumi, who puts her hand over her mouth, holding back her tears.

"Is..., he gonna die?" Fuyumi asks, tears forming in her eyes.

"I don't know, but I'm gonna be there for my friends." He says before exiting the room and literally running to the hospital.

Back in the ward, Natsuo turns to see both his sister and mom crying.

"Izuku..., please be okay..., I'll can't lose you, i know you said you'd find toya, but right now, i just need you to stay alive. If you survive, I'll cook you a big meal and... confess my feelings for you..." Fuyumi says to herself before walking out of the room to process what's happening, leaving Natsuo alone with his mother.

Natsuo turns to see Rei looking at the rindou flowers tears falling down her cheeks, Natsuo has not seen her cry like this since the day Toya died...

"Mom, why are you crying?" Natsuo asks, confused.

Rei wipes the tears from her eyes, thinking for a moment before looking at her son with a serious look.