love at first sight

Author pov : Jennie Kim, an ordinary worker at a well reputed bookstore. Years ago In a car accident she lost both of her parents and since then she has selective mutism and communicates through sign language.
Since she has selective mutism it is possible she gets her voice back, but the treatment is too expensive.
That is why she had to drop out of college to pay for her regular expenses and save up salary for her treatment.

Author pov : Kim Taehyung, one of the richest CEOs in the country, not only rich but he's also hot with a dominating aura, women drool over him everytime he attends any conference.
Yet the city fears him, why? Because he used to be a mafia, he has killed hundreds of people and destroyed thousands of lives.
However, as they say time changes people and Taehyung's no exception.
He is a changed man now with a gentle personality

*In taehyung's personal library*

Jungkook: hyung but you promised me!

Taehyung: i know kook I'm sorry I'll make it up to you *he said while still focusing on the book he was reading*

*Jungkook snatched his book from him*

Taehyung : hey! I was reading the epilogue. Give it back

Jungkook : eww what kinda books you read *he said while looking at the back cover of the book* suspense and thriller? How boring. You should try reading some romance books.

Taehyung: I'm not interested in reading romance, I find it cringe.

Jungkook : How can it be cringe, you just need to pick the right ones. Trust me they'll melt your cold ass heart.

Taehyung: no thanks *eye roll*

Jungkook: let's go to a bookstore and buy you some books

*Taehyung reluctantly agreed and went with JK to buy some new books*

*Taehyung got out of his car and walked in a bookstore where he hasn't been before*

Jungkook: Wow look at the store, it's so big! You have endless options to choose from.

Taehyung: yeah you're right. For the first time your suggestions are praiseworthy *he said while patting JK's back*

Jungkook : bruh- *he gets interrupted by a phone call*

Jungkook: you go find some books you like, I have an important call to attend.

Taehyung: o-oh um ok

Taehyung pov : well I've never been here so I was roaming around the store trying to find something i like.
Just then my eyes landed on a book I've been searching for a long time. I quickly grabbed it but unfortunately it was a hardcover book. I've always preferred paper covered ones.
I mean it's a huge book store. I'm sure they must have the paper cover version of this book right?
I couldn't search it by myself so I decided it's better to ask a worker.
I saw this girl rearranging books on a shelf, she was clearly a worker there as she was wearing their staff uniform.

Taehyung : Excuse me?

*I called out from a distance but got no response. So I went up to her and tapped on her shoulder*

Taehyung: Excuse me? Can you please give me the paper cover version for this book?

*She stared at me with her big doe eyes. She had a blank expression. God she looked so innocent, I was lost in her for a moment. Just then another worker came running towards us*

Staff : I'm sorry sir, how can I help you?

Taehyung: I wanted the paper cover version for this book.

Staff : Sure sir, I'll get it for you.

Taehyung: and why isn't she answering *I said while pointing at her tiny figure*

Staff : sorry, but she can't speak.

Taehyung: can't speak?

Staff : yes, She actually mute, but she can hear you.

Taehyung : oh *suddenly I felt bad and turned towards her* I'm sorry I didn't know about your condition.

*She smiled and signaled something in sign language which I didn't quite understand. I turned my head towards the other staff with a confused look on my face*

Staff : *smile* She said it's okay.

I glanced at her one more time before leaving, such a cutie .
now I'll be coming here often.

*At night*

Author pov : taehyung was in his room when he got a text from jungkook, his best friend. That he's coming over for dinner. This was quite normal.
None of them were married and lived alone in their mansions, so it was quite common to accompany each other for dinner.
Jungkook had a spare key to taehyung's house, he walked in and went straight to tae's room but he was confused when he saw what taehyung was doing.

Jungkook: bro what are you doing? *He said while looking at taehyung who was sitting in front of his laptop making weird gestures with his hands*

Jungkook: Are you practicing gang signs? I thought you left mafia-

Taehyung: stupid , I'm not learning gang signs. This is sign language, people who are mute communicate through it.

Jungkook: oh, but then who are you learning this for?

*Tae hesitated, and jungkook noticed his cheeks getting red*

Jungkook: bro come on tell me why are you randomly learning sign language?

Taehyung : *low voice* u-um there's this girl who works at the bookstore, she's mute so I'm learning it for her

*The confusion only grew on jungkook's face but soon he realized and started smirking*

Taehyung : What's with that look?

Jungkook: damn so you're learning it for her huh? *Teasing tone* sounds like some romance novel.

Taehyung: yah! There's nothing like that! Stop teasing me.

Jungkook: *laugh* is that why you are a blushing mess right now *he laughed even harder making taehyung embarrassed* It's so cute seeing you like this for the first time.

Taehyung: If you're done, let's eat now.

Jungkook : *giggle* yeah let's eat.