Chapter 21

Kenna

With Jace's arms still wrapped around me, I think of our next move and the phone call Carter got before I left.

"He is supposed to bring me to his leader."

Jace tenses his grip around me.

"I thought they didn't drink fresh blood. Is there a reason you are about to squeeze me to death?" I ask.

He releases me. "Sorry. Jackson doesn't normally get involved in the council rulings. If he is wanting Carter to bring you to the coven something must have happened."

"He agreed to bring me."

"He what?" Jace moves to face me.

"He said fine and that he needed some time." I rub my arms with the chill of the night coming in.

Jace shrugs off his leather jacket and helps me with it. I wrap it around me taking a whiff of his cedar smell. Smiling, I met his gaze. Hes staring at me oddly.

"What?" I ask.

"I don't know. I just have the weirdest feeling that this is the last time we'll be alone like this." He shivers but not from the cold. I recall the dream I had about him dying. My heart drops slightly. Does he feel it too? He shakes his head bringing himself out of his funk and grabs my shoulders lightly.

"We need a plan. We need to find the book and destroy it."

I just keep staring at him. What if this is the last time well be together before everything explodes?

"Sunshine. Wake up. We need to do something." His hand waves in front of me.

"We will." I whisper making a decision.

I place my hand on his chest pushing him back until he's against a tree. He smirks recalling our earlier time in this same area not too long ago. "Gonna play tag with me Kenna?" His voice is low.

"You've already got me." I tug him against me. A moment of surprise flashes across his face before meeting my kiss. This kiss is different. Its more than just friendly or flirty. Its life alternating and damning all at once. Hes been holding back.

Our moans echo through the empty forest. Animals and insects quiet as we stop fighting the pull we feel. He shoves the coat off my shoulders and lays it on the ground before laying me on top of it. With surprising gentleness, he lifts my arms and removes my shirt. Leaving fiery kisses down each side and up the other. He meets my stare as he unbuttons my pants. Devotion. Passion. Love? They slide down my legs getting caught on my shoes. He's quick to remedy that problem, yanking them off and tossing them by the waters edge. His eyes trace over every bare inch of skin. Goosebumps fill along my arms and legs. I shiver from the cold and from the intensity of his stare.

He pulls his t-shirt over his taunt upper body and tosses it next to my shoes. He stands over me, unbuttoning his pants painstakingly slowly.

"Jace, please." I say breathlessly, waiting for him. Always waiting for him.

He smirks.

I get up from my spot and kneel before him. His brows rise as he takes the scene of me on my knees. I grip the front of his jeans and pull them down leaving a trail of kisses in their absence. He stills, letting me finish. I realize shortly after his pants are on the ground that he isn't wearing any underwear. My eyes snap to him and back to the very impressive, engorged member in front of me. He chuckles and lays me back down on the forest floor. His words shoot through me when he whispers. "I go all commando, Sunshine." I playfully hit his chest and rolled my eyes as he kissed along my collarbone. I bite back a moan as he moves lower. His lips brushing over my sensitive nipples. He pulls one into his mouth and sucks deeply causing me to gasp. My hands fly to his hair, gripping it hard. He moves lower down my stomach leaving his burning kisses and nips. Finally, his tongue licks up my slit. The nerves alighted with each swipe of his tongue. I groan and shift closer to his awaiting mouth.

"Are you going to be a good girl for me Sunshine?" he asks, breath ragged.

I nodded frantically not wanting him to stop.

His fingers dip inside me curling up to hit that perfect spot.

"I need your words, Kenna." He starts to remove his fingers.

"Yes! Please Jace!" I groan, biting down on my lip as he resumes his strokes. His tongue meets against my nerves again and combined with his fingers its not long until I'm writhing beneath him.

"Go ahead, Sunshine." He gives one last lick and I fall so far over the edge I don't know what's real and what's a dream.

As I come down from the high, he's up against me kissing me. He pulls back and looks me in the eyes. "Are you sure?"

I kiss him again with fervor.

He lines up with me and in seconds I'm filled to the absolute brim. His fangs burst forward as he bites his own lip. Blood dripped down my chest and his chin. I lick my way up to his neck and mouth. His sweet blood warmed my belly and my core. He moans against my neck. At that moment, I knew I wanted him to bite me. To have his fill of me like I am him. To have all of me in a way no one else would.

"Bite me." I whispered in his ear.

Jace stills inside me. His silver eyes find mine and he looks pained.

"I can't. I don't think I'll be able to stop." He grunts.

"You can. I trust you." I lean my neck back out for me.

He places his head in the crook of my neck and kisses it slightly as he hovers. His fangs extended and he pierced my skin.

Pain. Thats all I feel.

Until he starts to move inside me again as he pulls the blood from my body.

He growls deeply, pulling more of my blood. I hold onto him and moan. The pleasure soon overrides the pain of his fangs embedded in my neck. My vision begins to become blurry as he takes increasingly from me. My release is close, but death is creeping closer.

"Jace..." My voice is small.

He roars, clutching me to him as he pounds into me, sending me through the skies again as I cry out. He does as well.

My fingers find his hair as he continues to drink from me.

"Jace?"

He retracts his fangs and hangs his head against mine. I know he drank too much. I can feel my limbs are tingly but at the moment I can't find it in me to care. He stopped. He didn't kill me. He did it like I knew he could. Ever pushing the boundary.

"Are you ok?" His voice was hoarse.

I pull his wrist to my lips and kiss it before placing another one at his neck. He stiffens and then brings me into his arms.

"I don't deserve your devotion, Kenna."

"Maybe not." I curl against him, head on his bare chest. "But you have it."