fourteen

Being occupied looking through a catalog of books I didn't even notice Alex standing next to me before she sat on my desk

Before I could open my mouth to talk to her she already spoke. "Yes I told Benji and Rachel they didn't have to wait for me and to just go home."

"I was going for a 'Hello Alex.' but thats good." I closed my laptop. "We do still need to have that talk though." I got up, the fact that she was sitting on my desk made her a little bit taller than me.

That didn't take away from the nervous feeling she got when I stood in front of her. "You don't just hurt people because you feel like it."

"I didn't 'feel like it' she kicked me first!" She defended herself. "And why did she do that?" I asked. "Because..." She started.

"Because?" I repeated.

"Because of Sloan." She looked down, trying to avoid my eyes. "What did Sloan do?" I asked, already knowing the answer, but I wanted to hear it from her.

"She was just blatantly flirting with you, in front of the entire class!"

"Jealous?" I teased, "No." the blushing on her cheeks told a whole different story. "....maybe." She said through her teeth.

"Don't lie to me Alex, I don't like liars."

"yes." She murmured. "Yes what?" I asked, the sudden shyness made me amused. "Yes I was—am jealous."

"Good girl." The simple two words—I didn't even plan on saying—made her go red instantly.

This is so bad.

And illegal.

I mean at least I'm self aware, right?

No it's still bad.

"Dani? Miss Jensen? Hellooo?" Alex's hands moved around frantically in front of my face, she seemed to be less flustered.

"Mhh?" I hummed. "Where did you go?" She laughed. "Got into my head for a bit." I replied shortly.

"Ahh." Alex said uninterested. "Well I need to meet your literal fucking child, so come on, get going." She waved me off. I rolled my eyes and chuckled. "Don't roll your eyes at me." Alex laughed.

"Or what?" I asked, curious about her answer.

"Guess you'll find out when you get the list." She hopped down onto the ground. "You're actually making one?" I asked surprised. "My notes are getting corrupted with my wild thoughts."