Developing Ultimates

Brushing teeth. Everyone at a mirror, brushing their teeth. At least they are minding their own business. The kid in glasses was chopping the air, what a strange guy. Red hood recognizes the half-and-half, looks kinda like his father. Y/N doesn't know the other 2, Greenie and big tail. Apparently the dorms are still relatively new. Perfected timing.

Breakfast after brushing teeth was an adjustment. People were still adjusting and that was fine. Everyone was eating and talking at tables. Of course Y/N was left to eat on his own. He also was avoiding to sit with people. This environment was completely foreign to Y/N, he will have to adjust to being here a lot more than the rest. Becoming a pro instead of a vigilante may not be all bad.

But now everyone was sitting in the classroom. Aizawa was going to talk and people were most likely in trouble.

“I believe I mentioned this already,” Aizawa started, he sounded not very happy, “But your main focus this summer is obtaining provisional hero licenses.”

“Yes sir,” Everyone said in unison, except for Y/N, he was baffled.

“Do not take this lightly,” He continued, “A hero license means you’re responsible for human lives. You can imagine at the exam to receive one is difficult. Only 50 percent of students pass the test for these permits each year.

“It’s that hard to get a provisional license?” A purple head asked.

“In order to prepare, today you will train on creating something new.” With that said, the door opened and revealed 3 heroes. Midnight, Cementoss, and Ectoplasm, “2 Ultimate moves.”

“ULTIMATE MOVES,” Kaminari and Kirishima said at the same time, “AN EXAM IS A NORMAL SCHOOL THING! BUT THIS IS TOTAL HERO WORK!”

“I’m going to get a headache,” Y/N says.

“When we say ‘ultimate’, we mean a move that will ensure you win against your opponent.” Ectoplasm said.

“An action so unique to your identity that no other person can copy it. Simply put, you must learn to lean in to your strengths.” Cementoss says

“Your moves represent who you are. These days, most pro heroes have an ultimate move. Those who don’t are fools.” Midnight says in a pose.

“This may sound abstract, but we’ll explain more as the day goes on. For now, change into your costumes and meet in Gym Gamma. Red Hood, you will stay back for a bit,” Aizawa said.

“How did I guess,” Y/N rolls his eyes.

“Maybe you’ll need an attitude adjustment,” Aizawa remarked.

“Maybe be less predictable.” Y/N folds his arms as everyone leaves the classroom.

“Now, you will still be part of the Provisional Hero License Test, but even if you succeed, you will still be under my supervision.” Aizawa says.

“Yeah yeah, I got it.” 

“Also, you will be receiving a hero outfit tailored to you, you will need to submit what you want.”

“Armor and a jacket, preferably one with a lot of pockets on the inside.” Y/N said.

“Anything else?”

“How about a red bat symbol?” Y/N asked.

“Fine, now go join your classmates, there is a map up front that can guide you to Gym Gamma.” Aizawa pointed in a direction.

“Thanks teach,” Y/N starts walking off.

“I don’t get paid enough…” Aizawa rolls his eyes.