Chapter 3

This is the last shift without Matt and Gabby. Everyone was in the briefing room when the klaxon sounded. "Ambo 61-Truck 81-Squad 3-Engine 51-Battalion 25-Structure Fire" Everyone ran and threw their gear on, before jumping in and speeding to the address that was announced.

Chief- "Fire's in the salon on the first floor. Let's make sure it doesn't spread." he said into the radio

Kelly- "Residents coming down from the fire escape."

Chief- "Okay, truck, primary search. Engine, lead out a line into that salon. Squad, get those people down safely."

Kelly- "You got it chief. Tony, Capp, help people down the ladder drop. Cruz, we're going up."

"Copy that"

Stella- "Gibson[floater], Gallo. Clear the units above. Mouch you're with me."

Herrmann- "Hose line will be ready in a minute"

Stella- "We'll make this quick"

[They headed into the burning building]

Stella- "Fire department! Call out!"

[Squad was getting everybody down the fire escape]

Stella- "Fire is spreading fast! Back room's all clear"

Mouch- "Lieutenant! Those are about to pop!" he said pointing at hair supplies.

Stella- "Let's go!" she said yelled making a hand gesture towards the door.

[Mouch and Stella come out of the building right after an explosion happened]

Stella- "All clear chief"

Chief- "Do your thing Herrmann"

Herrmann- "All right. Let's go Ritter"

Ritter- "Copy"

"Oh, my God! Is Miriam all right?"

Kelly- "Are you family?"

"No, I-I own the salon. She's-she's a customer and a friend. What happened? Is everyone okay? Wh- Where's Miles?"

Kelly- "Is there someone inside...Is there someone inside!"

"I don't know. My dog, he's a Shepard mix. He watched the place at night. Where's Miles? Miles!"

Kelly- "Ma'am, you can't go in there! Hey, come here."

"My whole life is in that salon. I can't— This can't be happening. This can't be happening."

Kelly- "Ma'am... Ma'am...."

"No!"

Kelly- "I'm sorry"

"Miles!"

Kelly- "I'm sorry"

[Sobbing]

They finished putting out the fire and cleaning up the street before heading back to the station. Mouch sat in his regular spot while everyone gathered into the common room.  Mouch sneezed.

Mouch- "The flowers are still here"

Gallo- "You sneezed on the truck, too."

Herrmann- "And in the bunk room."

Ritter- "Yup, Maybe it's a cold."

Mouch- "I don't have a cold!"

Chief- "Can somebody please explain why I just got a $1,000 invoice for a piercing nozzle?" he said as he entered the room.

******
[knock knock]

Stella- "You wanted to see us chief?"

Chief- "Yes, Captain Hubble wants to get your statements on the salon fire.