Keeping Up with 'I Breathe Salt'

Well, bet ya didn't expect to see me around these parts again. 

This is nothin' too crazy, just an update that is going to explain how to keep up with future updates related to "I Breathe Salt." As some of you may know, I have taken the original story down with the intent to rewrite the entire thing, probably put it through many iterations of different drafts, and at the end of the day, hopefully get it published. 

All this said, I am trying to distance myself from Wattpad a little more as the whole "author brand" thing literary agents talk about comes more to the forefront. So I will no longer be making updates about where we're at on Wattpad. This is more just to show you where to find me, since some of you were major cheerleaders in getting this first draft done, and who knows? Maybe some of you can get an ARC if the dream ever becomes a reality. I'd love to send you guys ARCs. It wouldn't even be a concept to rewrite without you. 

So, here's where I'll be updating:

Instagram: @sethwaylin - This is where I update on a few different things. I'm still trying to find my footing here, and it's a mishmash of books I'm reading and writing updates. I'm trying to get more consistent in posting which may be slightly annoying, but it's mostly to be able to show a potential agent that "hey, I'm tryin' here."

Substack: @sethwaylin - This is for long-form, newsletter-esque updates about IBS. Specifically "Waylin's Wayward Writings" (it was the best I could come up with). A lot less mis-mash. I really don't understand the site too much, so these won't be super frequent, but I wanted a place to consolidate all of the big updates. To my knowledge, you can either sub to me as a user or to the individual newsletter title, if you're strictly IBS-based. 

So yeah! I'm trying to branch out other places too, but since I'm not a super fan of social media it's proving difficult. These will be the two most consistent places to find me and any news, since I will no longer be active here. At best, we may get an "it's published!" update - but that may not be a good long while yet. 

Just wanted to let you guys know! I left you all in the dark for a bit, but hopefully this adds a bit more transparency and a better timeline.