Acknowledgements | Feedback | Duology

Hello! If you're here, it means you've finished "I Breathe Salt," and for that, I just want to express my sincerest thanks that you stuck around, and I hope you enjoyed the read! It really does mean a lot. All the comments and kind words I've received throughout the process of writing this first draft have been extremely motivating and usually I'd come on and always wind up smiling at some theory or nice message so for that, I want to thank you so, so much. Without the consistent motivation, I probably would not have finished this (at least, not at the rate I did), so I want to acknowledge that, first and foremost, here. Even you silent readers out there. The rise of reads on this - another unprecedented thing; we're at over 20,000 at the time I write this, holy hell - was also highly motivating. Thank you!

I also recognize this might get a little sappy, but bear with me here, I've just finished my very first first draft. There are some specific people I want to mention. First, Andi, at annie1loves1you, you've been pushing me and congratulating me for little milestones throughout this whole process, and without your "Write As Rain" course, I absolutely would not have finished this first draft. You helped get me into a consistent schedule - I really, really have to thank you for that. Next, Levi, Shoemaker-Levy9, you offered to be a sounding board for ideas, and I definitely took advantage of that. Without you, some of the more complex plot points and series of events here would've fallen flat or just not made any sense, so thank you for tolerating my spam! Both of you also made memes aplenty for this book and those are probably just as motivating as everything else (memes that I will be sharing in a separate post after this one because c'mon they're golden they must see the light of day). 

A few more thanks I will extend to adonianCrocodileRocker-Raven-,amandamaedowney, and lostwithmyfriends, just some friends who were also big sources of encouragement throughout the process, either for the whole thing or just a part of it, so thank you! All of you, for dorking out. Also _arielle_ and TheCatKing for letting me pop off at literally any point in time about anything about this story - I appreciate you too! And, although she probably won't see this, Addi, who unapologetically fangirled over this story and also kept me writing during the school year.

I obviously also can't go without mentioning cosettetapes, who made this gorgeous cover. It's been a while and I still marvel at how good it looks sometimes. Beautiful work. 

I'll also go ahead and shout-out the mystery profile here to finish up acknowledgements, who've had "I Breathe Salt" featured since around the end of November. Thank you for selecting this story!

 Thank you for selecting this story!