Milly gets into a roller blading accident 😍

*(ships: mentioned lander, platonic jamilly)*
    ((Jake's POV))

    Me and Milly had walked to the local skate park one day after school. We had just picked up some roller blades from Milly's house and a skateboard from mine. Hailey wanted to come with us, but had a lot of homework, Sean was sick, and Luke and Zander...

Alright, Luke wanted to come, but Milly thought that if he came, so would Zander, and PDA drives her insane. So since I knew how skateboard (don't ask, I learned in middle school) and was the only one left, we decided to go.

"WAHOOO! WE'RE HERE!!" Milly yelled, running over to a bench and pulling off her boots in order to put her roller blades on.

I made sure to put on a helmet. Milly didn't. Instead she immediately skated over to a really high ramp with no railings around the sides. I stepped on my skateboard and pushed off against the ground with one foot, skating over to her.

"Mills, I think that's a bit too high... Especially on roller blades. And that ramp isn't really meant for rollerblades, anyway, there's a sign." I said nervously.

Milly spun around to me, stumbling a bit before grinning and cupping her hands around her mouth. "BOOOOOOOOOO! Bor-ing. I've been roller-blading since I was 11, I'll be fine! For the love of Luni, you sound like Hailey or something!"

And so, she clambered up on the ramp and stood proudly at the top, grinning down at me.

"JAKEEE! I'M GONNA GO DOWN NOW! RECORD ME!"

"OKAYYY! I STILL DON'T THINK THIS IS A GREAT IDEA!" I pulled out my phone and got into the camera app, pressing the little red button to record Milly.

"3! 2! 1! GO-" She screamed.

She started to push her foot back, but then she slipped and tripped backwards.

Off of the ramp.

Onto the ground.

From an extremely tall ramp.

I gasped and ran over to her, dropping my skateboard. Milly was quiet for a minute, and just for a second there, I thought she had died, but then she made a very pained whimpered noise.

"...nngh.... Jake...."

"Holy crap, holy crap, holy crap, MILLY, ARE YOU OKAY?!" I yelled, putting my phone back in my pocket and stopping the video.

"My... my leg.. is my leg okay.. it hurts a lot.."

Her leg was, in fact, not okay. It was sticking out at an odd angle and had a bunch of bloody scrapes all over it. Actually, her whole body was scraped up, but I wasn't gonna tell her that, so instead crouched next to her.

"Yeah- yeah, Mills, your leg is fine, but I think we might have to go to the hospital." I said. I lifted her up a bit so that she was in a sitting position.

Then she turned her head around to look at me, and I saw her face.

I will spare you the details, but there was a lot more blood and her lip was partially cut open.

"J-Jake? Why are you looking at me like that?? What is it-" She stopped mid sentence when she lifted up her hand to her mouth, and it came down with her fingers covered in blood. She stared at it for 5 seconds, silently, and then started sobbing and hyperventilating.

"OKAY, PLEASE STOP CRYING, UHM... I'M GONNA CALL YOUR PARENTS, OKAY?!"

"T-t-they went to go visit my N-n-nana—I-i told you—C-call... c-c-call Hailey-"

"Yeah, right, yeah, I'll call Hailey, uhm— she can get her parents to drive us to the ER, right!?"

Milly didn't respond, due to the fact that she was sobbing even more every time she looked at her blood- covered hand, so I picked her up, sat her down on a bench, and took out my phone again. I opened up Hailey's contact number, titled "Blueberry Queen" and pressed the call button, pacing back and forth as I listened to the sounds of Milly crying and the dial noise. She finally picked up.

Blueberry Queen: 'Hey, Jake. What's up?'

Me: 'Milly— Milly fell of a ramp. I think she broke her leg, and her lip is cut open—'

Blueberry Queen: 'What?! Did you call an ambulance?!'

..I had not thought of that.

Me: '...I didn't think of that in the moment, okay?! Can you get your mum or dad to drive over here and drive Milly to the ER?!'

Blueberry Queen: 'DAD'S AT WORK AND MUM'S GETTING GROCERIES!!'

Me: 'CRUD— WAIT, DON'T YOU HAVE A DRIVERS LICENSE?!'

Blueberry Queen: 'NO!? I THINK LUKE DOES, THOUGH! AND SEAN!'

Me: 'OKAY, IS LUKE THERE?!'

Blueberry Queen: 'NO!! HE'S BABYSITTING HIS SISTER!'

Me: 'THEN WHAT DO WE DO?!' *Milly crying in the background*

Blueberry Queen: 'CALL SEAN, IDIOT!'

Me: 'OKAY, I WILL— WAIT, SEAN IS SICK, REMEMBER?!'

Blueberry Queen: 'FOR THE LOVE OF LUNI!! CALL LUKE, MAYBE HE CAN BRING HIS SISTER WITH YOU IN THE CAR.'

Me: 'WOULDN'T THAT BE TRIGGERING FOR A LITTLE KID?!'

Blueberry Queen: 'JUST FRICKING CALL LUKE!

Me: 'FINE, I WILL, BYE BYE!'

Blueberry Queen: 'Bye—'

I hung up the call and looked at Milly, who was still sobbing her head off. Then I called Luke, aka, '🥁'.

Me: 'LUKE.'

🥁: 'Oh, Hi, Jake! I'm just babysitting right now, can I call you back—'

Me: 'Millyfelloffarampandisbleedingveryheavilyandithinkshebrokeherleg, canyoudriveustotheemergencyroomplease?!'

...

🥁: How heavily is Milly bleeding?!

Me: Really heavily, please just come and pick us up, Milly won't stop crying, and I really think she needs help, and you're the only one either than Sean who can drive, and Sean's sick, so..'

🥁: 'Where are you guys??'

Me: 'Skate Park.'

🥁: 'Okay. Do you care if I bring my sister into the car??'

Me: 'No.'

🥁: 'Okay, I'm just getting her buckled into the back seat right now, I'm on my way.'  *hangs up*

I turned off my phone and stuffed it into my pocket.

I felt like this would be a long wait.

((Okay, so I split this into 2 parts since this took TOO LONG TO WRITE. So the next part will be the drive and the aftermath. Also, Milly is okay 😃))