𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬, 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐜𝐞𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭| 𝟎𝟏

༄༄༄

"Dad come on please!" I beg as I follow my dad out the rental house door.

"Del, I already told you that while I'm at work you stay home. There's no debating!" My dad spoke in a serious tone as he places heavy boxes in our car trunk.

"But why?! I never see Kiara! Please I just wanna visit! It's so boring in this house!" I argued, helping him with the next box. I lift it and groan because of the weight.

"Because! There are untrustworthy people that roam around looking to rob houses, so I have you here to watch while I'm gone." My dad squeezes the bridge of his nose then removes it, "Del.. How about when I get back, Kiara can come over?" He says closing the trunk and getting in the drivers seat.

"She'll hate it here!! Please just let me go to the beach for a bit! The house is just right here." I say as I hold his car door open.

He clicks his tongue, "I guess. But you have to be home by Eight. And if you're home later then that, your gonna stay here till we get going." He states while moving my hand from the handle.

"Okay! Thanks dad, I love you!" I send him a goodbye-kiss on the cheek before he starts his car and leaves. I wait till he's out the driveway to go inside.

I run to my room and dry my wet hair due to my shower and I slip on a white shirt with a dark blue bikini underneath. I dig through my box of clothes and find some jean-shorts to put on top. I put on my converse, and clip my blue shell necklace on. I grab my tote bag and stuff a hairbrush, perfume, hair tie, towel, snacks, and a beer inside. I run out the door while I carry my surfboard and my tote bag in each hand, i attach the surfboard to my bike and let my tote bag sit in my bike basket. I get on and start peddling. The wind hits me hard on the face as I head towards the beach.

As I reach the sand I stop my bike and lean it against a wooded bench, I untie my surfboard from my bike and grab my towel from my Tote bag, I set it down near the water and leave my tote bag with it, I walk in waist deep water and get on my surfboard, I catch a few waves. I sit on my board as the ocean calms down, I look further and see a humongous wave coming, I lay on my board and paddle to it. I stand up and get ready and position me and my surfboard, I takeoff and Execute my bottom Turn. I enter the wave barrel and maintain my balance and Trim, I hold my hand out as it glides along the ocean wave, I look at and see the wave barrel over me. I catch speed with the Wave Barrel and exit before it dies down. I laugh proudly as I finally realized I finished a perfect barrel I've been practicing for. I sit on my surfboard, leg on each side as the waves push me back to the sand. I get off my surfboard and dunk my head under the water.

I get out the water throwing my wet hair over my face as the water hits my back as I do so. I rub my eyes to adjust to the hot suns light. I put my surfboard standing up in the sand, I hear my name.

"Del!!" Kiara says excitedly while running up
And hugs me. I return the tight hug, and before we release I look over Kiara's shoulder and see three boys. A cute blonde, a dark skinned boy, and a brunette.

"How are you! I haven't seen you in forever!!" Kiara smiles at me. I look at her light forest green shirt and see a dark stain from the water.

"Sorry for getting you all wet. but yeah, I'm doing good! How are you?" I say in a apologetic tone

"You're good, I was gonna surf anyway. I'm doing good to." She smiles again. Kiara sees my eyes wondering behind her dark brown hair and to the boys. She gasps excitedly.