XI.

53 hours into the heist

"What is going on, Nairobi?" I asked her as she pushed past me and made her way to one of Berlins office. Not getting an answer I decided to follow her, knowing that the furious look on her face didn't mean anything good.

"You are on TV." Said the woman in front of me to Berlin who was sitting at his desk talking to Silvia.

"What do you mean?" I had no idea what was going on.

Shocked by the news, Berlin got up and together we made our way to the next TV.

"Known for perpetrating numerous robberies at jewelry and luxury stores, Andrés de Fonollosa is also responsible for multiple sexual offenses."

Nairobi and I stood at the back of the room carefully watching Berlin and his reaction.

"What a resume! Who would have thought with your fancy taste? Turns out you have a thing for whores."

"Nairobi stop. Don't listen to what they are saying" I tried to intervene, knowing that the last part wasn't true. Andrés relationship to women was always complicated, how could it not after five divorces, but he would never do something like that

"He is accused of establishing a human trafficking ring primarily taking women from Eastern Europe, such as Albania and Bulgaria."

"You like Bulgarian women?"

"He is charged with procuring women, extortion of minors, kidnapping, robberies including the attempted robbery pf well-known jeweler in Place Vendome."

"Minors? You are disgusting."

I knew where this was going. It was his punishment for ordering the execution. Of course the professor wouldn't let him get away with that.

"Fonollosa has eluded this las charge thanks to his cooperation as an informant for the police."

"You are a snitch, too!"

That's when he snapped. Slowly Berlin turned to Nairobi grabbed her by the neck and pushed her down onto the desk beside them.

"Berlin! Let go off her!" Panicking I rushed over to him. This whole time I kept myself in the corner not wanting to be apart of this scene only making sure that nothing escalated. I tried to grab his arm but Nairobi was quicker already punching him twice in the face.

"For fucks sake! Stop it you two!" I screamed trying to get in between both of them but Andrés harshly pushed me away, keeping his focus on Nairobi.

"I would never sell women especially not children, let alone be their pimp. My moral code won't let me. Nor would I ever rat out a partner." With each word he put more pressure onto her throat.

"Andrés you are going to kill her!" I have never seen him like that. He was scaring me because I wasn't sure anymore of what he was capable of. Finally he let go off her and turned back to the TV.

"A fingerprint from Andrés de Fonollosa was found on a button which was found in a Seat Ibiza."

"I was never inside that car. But I know who was. Tell me, do you know where Denver is?"

Oh no I knew exactly were this was going.

"Berlin stop!" I screamed and ran after him. It felt like he wasn't even here with us anymore. He was only led by rage and the desire for revenge. As I finally came up to him I grabbed his hand and made him pause.

"Andrés, don't do anything stupid. Just cool down for a few minutes and then we can talk to him, together." I tried to calm him down but that only made him sneer.