Fallen

Dean walked into the bar. Cas could see him, but Dean was unable to see Cas as a group of obviously underaged drinkers were shoved out of the doors, whining. Castiel stared intently at Dean. Several times he had heard people talk about how when someone was staring at them, they could feel it. The angel hadn't believed this, but it was worth a shot.

Looking around for Cas, Dean could feel the eyes boring into his back. He turned and took a step to the left, and suddenly Castiel was visible. Dean was waved over, and he set about walking around the tipsy women and men alike.

"Dean," Cas stood with his arms open, ready for the hug. Of course, it was avoided when Dean grabbed one hand and did the standard guy-hug pat-on-the-back.

"Hey Cas, what's happening? Why'd you invite me?" Dean asked, then sat down and ordered a beer.

"I just wanted to talk." Castiel slurred a bit, but Dean ignored it.

Dean nodded his head before responding. He was cut off though, when the waitress returned with his beer, and so he took a sip instead.

 They talked for a while. Dean and Cas chatted about the apocolypse (avoided), monsters, Lisa and Ben, and everything inbetween. After a couple of drinks, they got into a heated conversation about sexuality. It was sparked when a lesbian couple had walked by Dean and Cas' table, grabbing eachother's asses and wobbling on their heels. Dean had wondered if it was true that God looked down on bisexuals and homosexuals. Cas had looked into Dean's eyes for about 10 seconds, before averting his gaze.

"I don't know."

"Damn you, Cas! You're a friggin' angel, you pray to God in your free time. You probably pray in your sleep! If you pooped you would probably pray then too! You have to know something!" Dean accused.

"God, He doesn't treat them differently, no. He loves everyone. But back then, people thought God wanted what was popular. Homosexuality wasn't popular. It's still an awkward situation in Heaven. No one really knows whether to accept gays, or what."

Dean snorted. It was a drunk snort. "What about you Cas? What do you think?"

It was a sensitive subject. Cas bit his lip, blushing. "I, I'm fine with these people. They're individual. To each his own. The angels are supposed to forgive sinners, it doesn't mean they do though."

"Really?" Dean licked his lips, "How do you suppose they would react if it was an angel,  not a human?"

Cas' cheeks burned. He wasn't sure what Dean was suggesting, but he knew Dean was drunk.

He's drunk, he's just joking around. Dean doesn't have control.

"I have to go to the bathroom." Bullet dodged.

 Dean followed Cas to the bathroom, they weren't dont talking as far as he was concerned. Dean leaned up against the wall behind Cas as he washed his hands. No one else was in there; it was the slow hour between sports and the bar wasn't very busy.

Cas wiped his hands off on some paper towel, then sharply turned to face Dean. He still had a speck of sobriety, and wanted to stop talking about angels before they got too drunk and loud and someone heard them. "Dean, we're getting too loud. We should stop talking about angels or someone might hear us."

But Dean was too drunk. He blinked, and grinned at Cas. Dean was acting different then usual, and he actually giggled. Giggled! "Well, we could always continue the conversation at my place," and he licked his lips again.

 ***

Dean tugged Cas into his apartment by the wrist. Castiel stared at his hand, tempted. They stood in the living room, but no one made a move to sit. Cas shuffled his feet in the uncomfortable silence.

The first to clear their throat was Dean. "Cas, I just, I wanted to tell you something," suddently Dean seemed to sober up.

Cas nodded, "I know a better way to say it Dean."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah." and then Cas smashed his lips against Dean's.

Dean was surprised, even though he hoped this was going to happen. He had acted nonchalant about meeting up with Cas, but in reality he had wanted to take things to the next level. Dean knew he loved Cas, but after everything with monsters and demons started dying down, he started to realize his true feelings. So Dean closed his eyes and pushed Cas against the wall.

Dean smiled into the kiss, grabbing Castiel's hair and pulling it. It hurt Cas, but it was a good hurt. Cas pulled away, and Dean was about to protest, but Cas started kissing Dean's neck and nibbling instead. Dean tugged his shirt off and so did Cas, and then Dean muttered before attacking Cas' mouth again, "The bedroom."

They never made it, and collapsed on the couch instead.