2

If I had a choice, I would stay in my fox appearance forever but unfortunately, I do not have control over it. Being in my human form makes it feel like I'm drowning, I feel chained down by the creatures that keep their distance from me. Even if they despise me I won't harm them unless they hurt my kind. I will not show them any mercy. The spirit world however makes me feel at peace. Being surrounded by nature is a blessing. Nature is simple yet beautiful like running water but it can be dangerous when pushed into a corner. It understands the value of life and death, unlike humans. They take life for granted and despise the idea of death. The opposite lifestyle compared to a spirit, how awful. Being gifted a name that represents nature is a blessing because it shows that I do not fit into a box, I make the box. When I am in my fox form I feel at home, like a part of me is back. The world becomes colorful and bright. I feel so free and alive when I see my form change back into a fox. My senses heighten and everything just feels right, like a puzzle being completed. I am the only one who understands this since I am the only known hybrid in this world. I see both worlds, but the spirit world is home while the human world is an unknown place for me.

My job is to protect the forest and keep the humans away, that is all. The forest is home to many spirits. The forest becomes a different place once the night sets in, it becomes alive. Trees that hold green leaves become sapphire blue leaves that shine bright. Spirits of different kinds begin to appear one by one. The rivers that are blue turn into a beautiful white color that can easily blend in with the moon if it could. No human could see the changes of the forest making it even more apparent that I am different. A forest with no noise in the day becomes loud once the night appears. The air becomes cold and refreshing like cold water hitting your skin causing goosebumps to appear on your skin. The forest truly is a beautiful place that I call home, especially because it connects to the form, I love the most.

My mother trained me well and trusted me to keep things in order while she attended to healing the spirits that were injured. The humans have been causing my people harm due to the fact humans are greedy causing me to be cautious of them.

Day became night and my appearance began to change. A full moon made its appearance today, how beautiful. A beautiful night that soon turned into a night full of panic. I heard the sound of sticks breaking which caught my attention quickly. The spirits of the forest never make a sound like that, I quickly take action and head towards it.

Our eyes meet, his ocean-blue eyes. Deep like the ocean, his black hair resembles the night sky and skin like the color of honey. What is a human doing here, especially during the night? He's not from the village, so where is he from?

Forest: State your business here, human.

???: Hello, my name is Leo. I ran away from my village; can I live here?

He ran away and he wants to live here. This human is strange. I take out my sword and swiftly aim it at him. He doesn't move even an inch; how does he not fear for his life right now?

Leo: If you're trying to scare me that won't work. I'm not scared of spirits. Humans are much more terrifying compared to your kind.

This human is interesting, should I allow him to stay?